Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate

+4
Vari
Mydarkangel
Silverstache
Waterspout
8 posters

Go down

Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate Empty Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate

Post by Waterspout Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 pm

I would like to a fundraising event this coming Sunday February 17th part of the three-day President's day weekend.

The 12 hours will be broken into eight 1.5 hour periods where there is a new driver each period. Porting should occur between drivers to restock and divvy for jobbers. I'd also like drivers to job for one or more of their surrounding periods to help keep the sloop filled. A 90-minute pillage will allow for 5-6 fights, I think we should stay on the same ship, but can move to a new one as crew permits.

Drivers will be responsible for stocking the sloop for their period, and for contributing the POE made to the flag.
Obviously I am not asking anyone to be on the sloop the whole 12 hours, but I am hoping we can get folks to participate at some point during the marathon.

I suggest on donating only the vessel's booty take but we could make it optional for in-flag jobbers to donate their split too. Out-of-flag jobbers would get divvy normally.

If a BK is spawned at the end of a period the next periods driver, if on the ship, may select to fight it. If not the BK should be ignored to avoid messing up the schedule too much. If a Dig or Haul arises at the end of a period, and it can not be completed easily within the remaining time period I suggest porting but not divvying to restock and change drivers and then finish the dig or haul in the next round.

All times below are in Pirate (Pacific Time). Sign up for slots is based solely on posting time to this forum, first come first served. If this proves successful we can run another one next month to allow more drivers in. Please post in this forum any questions or comments or suggested changes, as well as your signing up for a slot. I'll check the forum periodically and will update the official sign up list.

Driving Jobbing Sign UP:
9:00 to 10:30 AM Pirate/Pacific (Noon to 1:30 PM Eastern)
Driver: Gaze
Jobbers: Vari

10:30 to Noon Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Vari
Jobbers: Waterspout

Noon to 1:30 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Water
Jobbers: Waterspout

1:30 PM to 3:00 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Gremmels
Jobbers:

3:00 PM to 4:30 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Mupple
Jobbers: Gremmels,

4:30 to 6:00 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Piratesnap
Jobbers: Waterspout,

6:00 to 7:30 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Waterspout
Jobbers:

7:30 to 9:00 PM Pirate/Pacific
Driver: Silverstache
Jobbers: Waterspout,

If anyone that sees this and can post an issue in the game, please ask folks to come to the forums and sign up for a time or three.

Last edited by Waterspout on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Driver list and jobber list #6)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate Empty Re: Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate

Post by Silverstache Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 am

I have a busy day but I should be able to drive from 7:30pm to 9pm

I have church, a brunch and a church event for most of the morning and probably until 2pm or so. I'll try to be around after that.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate Empty Re: Flag Fundraising 12-hour Sloop Pillage Sunday February 17th, 9AM-9PM Pirate

Post by Mydarkangel Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 am

I'll probably be on after 10 and able to job for some or most of the time. And since it's my birthday then I'm not sure if we'll be doing anything that night or wait till Monday when he's off.

Edit 1: right after i posted Naiki asked what i said... and he tells me he has stuff planned. So, me or both of us should be able to make some of it.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm

First off, this is an awesome idea. Kudos, Spout! Being on eastern I should probably use it to help man the early shifts. Sign me up to job for the first and drive for the second. :)
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Awesome idea Spout, thanks for setting it up! I will be available but as of now I'm not sure of what times. I'll be random jobber #17.

My only suggestion is about encountering a BK, dig or haul towards the end of a time period. When we port, odds are good that we'll lose some jobbers (happens whenever you port). The jobbers may not want to skip the haul or whatever because of what time it is. Unless the haul/dig is way off course (where we normally wouldn't go to), I think we should do it. (You never know, there could be a monkee in one of those chests!)
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gremmels Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 am

Very cool idea. You can sign me up to drive in the 1:30p-3p spot and job from 3p-4:30p. Or if somebody really wants to drive at 1:30 we can switch that. And I may be around and able to hop on at other times during the day if the boat needs more jobbers.

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashton Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 am

I will be available to job for the first 4 runs for sure. Anything other than that is uncertain. Sounds fun though and I can't wait!
Sashton
Sashton
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I can take the drive from 3-4:30. I'll be in Milwaukee but will be available to job as soon as I get home and will stay until finished.

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:06 pm

One of the feedbacks I heard during the week is that we should try and keep folks on one ship for the entire pillage. This had been my original plan when I proposed it to MMs, and between Gremmels and I we appear to have an MM on the boat for the entire time (I'll come on at 9AM too). So I propose we do the pillage on an MM sloop this time around. IF this event proves to be popular, and effective any of the other crews can host their own in the coming weeks!

See you all tomorrow!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 am

One nice thing about having it be an MM boat the whole time is MM's slightly fatter crew cut. Perhaps in the future cuts could be upped to 30% for this sort of event. If enough flaggies are donating their take we the split could be made jobbers' delight to offset the lessened attractiveness of the terms. Just a thought.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, what a turnout for the flag event yesterday! We made over 300K Eights, winning 32 of 36 battles with 2 digs, 2 hauls, 1 Barbarian Queen, and one kraken's blood won!

We started the morning on Gaze's magnificent skeleton sloop with her expert personal touches and magenta paint highlights, moved to my new Admiral's sloop for two more runs. As flagmates logged on to join us we upgraded to a Dhow, and later finished the rest of the runs on a Junk.

I'd like to thank all of the following 24 flag participants listed more or less in order of participation: Gaze, Vari, MissJacey, Water, Sinnerss, Captaincaleb, Sashton, Ragnard, Gremmels, Howee, Mott, Razuzzu, Mupple, Makadios, Mydarkangel, Naiki, Omarhino, Pacres, Piratesnap. Bellatirx, Farlos, Badmoonrisin, and Silverstache.

We also had 6 guests help us on mostly the earlier runs: Sexykitten, Lannae*, Nutbert*, Thurman*, Etesian, and Manx. Note that Lannae, Nutbert, and Thurman all joined Flag crews yesterday!

I have not organized an event like this before but I believe the turnout and fundraising effort from the flag was outstanding! I had no idea how much we might make, I only had an outside goal of earning the cost of the ships lost defending Gaea (about 500K); and we made more than 3/5ths of that thanks mostly to pirate donations combined with Eights won during the pillages. A very well job done mates!

Huzzah to us all! toast

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm

I'd like to thank the following pirates, roughly in order of participation: Waterspout, Waterspout, Waterspout, and the pirates in Spout's list, myself excepted of course.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down