Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th

4 posters

Go down

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th Empty Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th

Post by Waterspout Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Arrrrr! I hereby challenge all ye flag officers that I kin make more Eights than any of ye in a 2-hour sloop pillage. This here challenge will run over the up-coming weekend of May 4th-6th (Friday to Sunday).

This is a fundraising event so to earn yer braggin rights ye must promise to pay all proceeds (donating all stock costs) to the Flag. In hopes of increasin Flag participation, I be puttin up me new Atlantean Overlord Helmet (new condition) to a prize pool!

Rules:
1. Must use a sloop to participate (if ye don't like sloop drivin, I am sorry I don't know how to pro-rate POE earned on other classes to be fairly compared to a sloop's take; but I be open to suggestions)
2. Post in this forum the time ye sail on yer pillage, ye don't have to post when ye start loadin.
3. When ye port and divvy (ye can do this multiple times if ye like within the competition window) type a "/info" command and screen capture yer results. Append the image to yer post. All images that fall within 2 hours and 30 minutes of yer original post time be entered in the competition. 30 minutes be added to allow fer time to port.
4. Ye may sell all commodities pillaged to boost yer booty, but ye may not add Eights outright, I hold ye to the Pirate Code to not violate this here rule.

Prize Pool:
To improve participation I propose we build a prize pool, (it doesn't have to be very valuable stuff). I suggest folks that can't or would rather not participate consider contributin a prize. On Tuesday May 8th we be havin the prize drawin where the pirate that gained the most Eights, most likely yers truly, pulls an item from the pool. Then the next highest Eights winner draws, and continue through all ye remainin navigators finishin behind me.

If we get five navigators participatin, and we makes around 15-20K Eights per hour, we could take in 150-200K fer the Flag. If we get 10 navigators participatin, we be doublin that!

Also some members could offer matchin Eights bonus, in other words they could match 1K POE for every 10K donated to the Flag.

Any comments or questions feel free to post to this forum. Any of ye brave enough to join the competition, so indicate in this forum as well. May the best sloop battle-navigator win. Yaaarrr! boatload

Last edited by Waterspout on Fri May 04, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the /time command doesn't exis! /info will show the time on the screen)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th Empty Re: Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th

Post by Marmy Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Sounds like fun, I'm in.
Marmy
Marmy
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th Empty Re: Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th

Post by Auzilla Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Aye water, i love the idea.

But are ye really brave enough to take on ye old Captain here. Those are some mighty big words there sir, I just hope ye have a long enough blade to back them up. Hahaha.

Though I must say, ye will probably beat me in totals, due I will only be able to do one pilly. Speaking of that, are we limited to one run in this competion? or could a pirate go out the 4th 5th and 6th and do pillys and have them all add up to there totals, or do we all get one shot at this?

I say we each get one shot at this for 2 reason. First so the naver get support, and second we are not all able to do more than one pilly so I think you will get more suport if we can only count one sailing.

Well there are my 2 POE.

And Aye Water it is mighty brave of ye to take on ye own Captain.

Auz razz
Auzilla
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 am

Arr! I do indeed be brave enough to take ye on Captain, everyone in the flag too!

The reason for the 3-day run is to improve the chance for participation! Not for folks to post multiple runs. In fact if need be I'd be happy to extend it through Monday if folks are busy this weekend.

One shot is all ye get!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 am

Well i'm not sure if I be brave (or committed) enough o run a pilly myself, but I can offer a female version of said atlantean helm as a prize yea (just not sure I can commit 2 hours of driving, I will however lend out my gunning skill should I be online during anyone else's pillages and able to play yea
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Sailing now on my pillage.

Hmm, I guess I don't know how to post an image on this. But my results were less than pleasing, 5 wins 3 losses, no adventures and a piddling 6566 K for the Flag. I'll try harder next time!

Hope everyone else does better!

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th Puzzle10

Last edited by Waterspout on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Figured out how to post my results image! Woo hoo!)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 am

OK if this is going to be a competition of one, I'll compete against me self!

After that dismal performance this morning I tried again, this time I went 8 and 0 in under 2 hours with a haul. Made 50,996 vs the wimpy 23,470 the first time. Hopefully all of ye can beat that first score! I can post both results once I figure how, ye can't just add a .png which I thought ye could. doh

I will be giving 20K to the flag based on the total income from my second run. I'd like to try this again sometime, and will work harder to get broader participation. I'd like to hear anyone's suggestions as well!

Waterspout's Flag Fundraiser Sloop Pillage Challenge May 4th-6th Puzzle12

Last edited by Waterspout on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted my other pillage result)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 am

Well I finally got an hour to do a pillage, and got 7,133 PoE for the flag. It is in the L.C. crew hall, AKG can move it to flag coffers. I think that means I get second prize Water, which is a chance to go out and have fun shooting stuff.

I think this is a good concept Water, this was just a crazy weekend for me, and apparently others. Maybe we can do this again, and let the competition run a week. More people might be able to enter. We could also do versions with other types of ships.

Thanks for the idea Water, hope to see it run again. yea
Marmy
Marmy
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger Mon May 07, 2012 5:20 am

i was just gonna say the same thing - maybe a longer timeline would be better yea
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum