Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon

+4
Howee
Gremmels
Pacres
Waterspout
8 posters

Go down

Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon Empty Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon

Post by Waterspout Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:38 pm

I would like to host the sink and haul event at Gaea in the coming weeks and I'd like some feed back from the flag on pirates availability to participate.  This was a suggestion by Shaydi in the long discussion thread found here: https://an-otherworld.forumotion.com/t635-solicitation-for-event-ideas-for-flag-and-crew-events-at-meke-or-gaea

Essentially we will field 3-4 sloops each with four Otherworld (preferably) pirates on board.  Each sloop will have some eights in the hold (from 10K to 100K) and we will invite the ocean to come on and try to sink and haul us.  After we have lost some sloops we can come in and join the fun and try to win back some of our eights.

We need to find a date/time where we can have 12 to 16 Otherworlders on to crew the sloops.  So what I'd like from everyone is to give me the following (in a reply to this post below) your likely availability on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and what times.  It seems to me we can get the most folks on around a weekend time.

I'll try to come up with specific date suggestions once I have some input to work on.  Cold winter weekends are a great time to be puzzling!

I have artwork courtesy of Razz to use as for the future event posting.

Feel free to provide any other input or suggestions you have too!

Last edited by Waterspout on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Date set)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon Empty Re: Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon

Post by Pacres Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:55 am

I would love to be involved in this in some way, whether it be naving or finances or anything at all =)
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon Empty Re: Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon

Post by Gremmels Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:05 am

I'm pretty open generally right now, but I may be adding work-type stuff on short-ish notice. So, hopefully I can help out with this. I'd love to help out anyway I can.

Gremmels

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 am

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings through December are busy for me. Starting in January I'll be busy Tuesday/Thursday nights. Most of my weekends are free. Aside from those nights (and possibly one Saturday afternoon) I'm free!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Too help inspire an actual date and time I have generated a poll. See the other posting in this forum: https://an-otherworld.forumotion.com/t712-poll-for-your-sink-the-sloop-date-and-time-preference

I will pick whichever date and time has the MOST availability, regardless of whom is or isn't available at that time. This will be a fun way to start the new year.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by boohey Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 pm

have voted on poll 11th and 12th suit me but only noon time really cause the later ones are way late for me but will try to be on if they are that late. I dont drive but am happy to gun or do any station.

boohey
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaene Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:59 am

I can technically be on at any time on a Saturday. As long as I'm given enough time to request said day off work!! ^_^ if you pick a date before the new year lemme know!! <3
Kaene
Kaene
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:13 am

I forgot I needed two weeks for an event during the blockade window and as a result missed the 12th date. I have picked the 19th instead and hope that works for most. I am going to generate a sample forum event posting I'd like feedback on too.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:24 am

Proposed YPP Forums Event Posting:

Flag Otherworld hosting a Sloop Sink and Haul Event at Gaea

Sloop Sink-n-haul event at Gaea: Sunday January 19th Noon Pirate10

Date: Sunday January 19th
Time: Start of the third round, around Noon Pirate
Event: Sinking, no-alliance, sloop only, normal board

Details: Beginning on the 3rd round Otherworld will sail at least three sloops into the board loaded with a random amount of POE on each totaling at least 200K.  Exact number of sloops and POE will be posted just before the event starts.

The Otherworld sloops will have only four pirates on board, and will be allowed to shoot and attempt to avoid sinking as long as possible.  

Rules: None.  Flags/Crews can bring in any number of sloops they want with any number of pirates on them, as many as they want.  
Caveat: Once the last of the POE laden Otherworld sloops are sunk, Otherworld can send in additional sloops to join the fun.

Specials:  The first four sloops sunk will be repaired by our shipyards for free: Ships Spring Eternal at Spring Island or Revenge of the Ship on Beta.  Ship owner must send me a tell at moment of sinking, first four tells received will qualify.

Lets start the New Year with a BANG

Last edited by Waterspout on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:25 am

I'd like to hear from Stache and Mupple that free repairs are OK

I am hoping Flag pirates will donate sloops or POE to the effort. I am donating 50K.

Any other thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

We want a tourny with prizes?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 am

Looks good!

I like the sound of the tourney - what would so good relevant prizes be? The flag could maybe pay for a ship?
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Free repairs are fine with me.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheelie Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

I likely won't be able to make it, I have previous arrangements that weekend.
I do however, have poe and a couple sloops I can donate if needed. Or I could just toss 70 or 80k at one of ye's for sloops and extra if needed for the event - either way.
I also have lots of stuff that could be given out as prizes.

Wheelie
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Big thanks to Captaintook, Gremmels, Boohey, and Stinkydee for helping out with the event! Especially to Took for solo sailing the second sloop and surviving until the third segment. I chose to only take in 2 sloops with 200 K on each, and my own sloop was never threatened and we ported safely, I transferred the PoE to the flag hall.

Only two ships came in to threaten us, Ryujin and Diodisanique. Dio was late and joined in the middle of the second segment but Ryujin fought Took and managed to finally sink him. I sent tells to Ryujin after the event and he said he managed to haul 80K and was most appreciative of the event and also very surprised with the dismal turnout.

I think that will be the last event I am going to try and organize; it is clear to me there is no interest in our flag or the slim ocean population for them.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down