Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

+8
isolus
Gremmels
Howee
AKGemini
Mydarkangel
Shaydi
Vari
Waterspout
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea - Page 3 Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Pacres Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I really like AK's idea of auctioning off Otherworld members and assigning duties to them. We could have some prizes for the top scoring flags or crews, and if we have enough participation with the right types of prizes, we could get some richer players interested in a bid very high on higher rated members =D We could actually make a profit!
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea - Page 3 Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by isolus Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 am

AKGemini wrote:Another idea is to host an event blockade with decent prizes, but auction off Otherworld officers prior to the event. Officers would then job for whoever bought them during the event.

I'd spend good Poe to make Howee bnav. :D

I'm taking that howee is a good bnaver anyways i habe anther what a half and half tounry with stuff liek drinking games sword fighting treasure drop and rumbling, etc peole e 1k entry fee and what is made half goes to flag and half goes to winner. i just anther idea i had so when is the bimonthly flag meeting anyways?
And to get off topic(srry) for a second i am thinking that defending an island cost alot since i was in the blockade with ladyweed and we sunk 3 warfrigs or brig but anyways those are not cheap as i know of

Last edited by isolus on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Random thought wanted to add)
isolus
isolus
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Yes, pay for blockades can be quite high. I've seen jobber pay range between 500 PoE per segment to 4000 PoE per segment. There's also to cost to rebuild sunk ships (as Iso mentioned), and cost for stock. We had a push to raise flag funds after the Gaea blockade, then it kind of declined. The event at the end of the month will be a good boost.

I like the idea of the tourney event. Our "activity committee" at work does 50/50 raffles all the time and people will put in a lot of money for the chance to get 50% of the funds raised. I've set up tourneys but not enough to know the logistics of setting one up with part going to the winner and part retained. That would be something to look into. Another idea along the same line is to have an event....event! It could be ship-board and have tourneys set up, and also have a straight 50/50 raffle, maybe 100 PoE per ticket or 250 PoE for three. Just tossing some ideas out there.
Iso - no one EVER wants Howee to nav. *L* I'm quite horrid at it and have made Marmy cry when she's tried to help me figure it out. I'm directionally dyslexic (a term my sister and I coined), and the logistics of figuring out moves, sometimes when the ship is upside down, guessing what the other ship is going to do, getting all the moves in.....well it's just not a pretty sight. ;)

Last edited by Howee on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing words can make sentences quite confusing.)
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by isolus Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 am

so do you know if they are doing any 50/50n raffles because i would like to buy a few and i wanna see this now i put all my poe up now (srry about forum hijack)
isolus
isolus
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

We have a blockade scheduled for this Friday at Meke, but we haven't had a chance to promote it to be the big sink and haul event so I urge we not attempt to do so at this late date. It can be another shoot at each other practice.

I would like to suggest either May 3rd or 10th for a new event, and to post to the forums announcement for the big sink and haul as soon as settle on a new date and have the event posted.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm

No comments yet on a new date for the big event at Meke?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 am

Either night works for me. I think the 3rd would be a bit better but not enough to make a difference if the 10th works best for everyone else.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teshka Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 am

For me it depends on the time. I usually can't make Friday evening (Pirate Time) events, but Friday during the day I could usually swing.

Teshka
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:55 pm

The 10th is looking not good for me, so the 3rd would be better. Unless we have it on a Wednesday or Thursday night, both of which are usually good for me (except for May 11th). yea
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teshka Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm

I *can* do Wednesdays! If that's an option. Only not the 8th.

Teshka
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 am

We seem to be flailing again on this good idea. We can't pick a date obviously that everyone can attend, and we seem to get most folks on Fridays. So I suggest we PICK a Friday and go with it, otherwise it won't happen at all. In fact if we have not made a firm decision by Mother's Day, I pick a day the following Monday for an event on Gaea.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue May 07, 2013 9:08 pm

<3 Love Spout lolz - he has this way of keeping us in line. whipping

OK, to date this is what's going on:

3 ships made, can send to Meke whenever.
167k donated to go onto the ships (from only 4 flaggies!!!! Help us out yea )
Miscellaneous (2 hanging fans, treasure chest, exotic carpet, chromas (i think 7 or 8 ) that can be used for prizes in tournaments to advertise.

Art work is taking shape (almost done) and I need to write the announcement.

Waiting for: Would be great to have some more poe/prize donations.
We have 2 drivers (Pacres, Spout) but were waiting on a day before doing a sign up.
Is there enough stock on Meke at this time to be able to schedule?

Soooooo, Let's pick a day of the week. Reply to this thread and remind other flaggies this is posted and we want to get it scheduled. Must respond by Friday, May 8, 2013. You can also let me know in game. yarr

Mupple: Saturday-Sunday (pretty free)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (nights okay)
Tuesday (out)

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Teshka Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 pm

May 8 is a Wednesday... did you mean Friday May 10?

I'm not available on Fridays until at least 8 PM Game Time, but I can attempt to join in late on any Friday you like!

Is there a ship or crew house where I can drop off donation money in the absence of a designated donation-receiving crewbie online at the same time as me?

Teshka
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Sun May 19, 2013 4:22 am

Howee has been absent from the forums because he's been sick, on vacation, and now sick AND on vacation. I say Friday after next which is the Friday after Memorial Day. Mupple - I have some stuff the flag can donate. Just help me remember to give them to you! toast
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sun May 19, 2013 3:05 pm

That sounds like a good day Howee! I'm in.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Mon May 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Are we moving this to Gaea? And that day will be fine. Just let me know where to move the ships. I'll track down the drawing and put together the notice for the forums.

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I can create the event at Gaea, we need to get in touch with Pacres to be able to create the event at Meke. I'd be happy to host it, and could help move ships too Mupple. Let me know what you want to do.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Um......just a thought. The "poe-making" part of it was that people would buy the cbs and rum from Meke. So this will be a losing event then if it is at Gaea?

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed May 22, 2013 4:16 am

They would buy the stock at Gaea, but it may not be from our shops in that case, unless we made it real cheap at the Palace, which I don't think is a good idea. But it would still be fun and good outreach for our flag with the Ocean.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 pm

In general I don't see events as money makers. Events are usually about showing we care about the ocean and getting our flag into the minds of others. Money makers are SMH runs.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 am

Having picked the day, I've found out that my dad will be in town so I won't be available. I really want to do this but don't want to change the date again so let's keep it for this day, and someone can screenshot any injuries if people get 'em after being sunk for me. :D
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Bump - I discussed a new date with the royals for this event: Friday August 9th with 1st round starting at 4pm so third round starts at 6pm Pirate. Does that date sound good to most of you?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3