Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled

4 posters

Go down

Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled Empty Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled

Post by Waterspout Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I'd like to propose an in-flag only event for Gaea, but this would be practice for me to see if I could then run a full-ocean event of the same kind. I have seen events like this posted and I think it would be fun for us to run too. I don't think it will be a big money maker for the island, but it would give us exposure and something fun to do.

I would like input from anyone in the flag on this idea (both the Otherworld-only, and eventual full-ocean events).

Jan 19th-21st is a 3-day weekend for me, so this is the weekend I was thinking of running the Otherworld-only race.

The Event:
Sloop race around parts of Emerald, starting and ending at Gaea. With the winner the fastest sloop time from the start of the race to the end, with no required islands skipped.

There will not be an exact start time, but a race window that the start and finish must fall in. This will reduce the effect of a mass of sloops leaving the island at once and complications due to congestion.

1 pirate per sloop only, with swabbies.

The race:
1. Race starts at Gaea, the navigator must place a bid on 1 unit of hemp, the vessel hold record of this transaction is the starting time of the race.
2. Sloops must proceed to Wrasse, port and place a bid on 1 unit of iron, the vessel hold record must show this transaction or the sloop will be disqualified
3. Next island is Guava, place a bid for 1 unit of wood
4. Race back to Gaea, port and buy any one item (Rum, cb) from the palace. the vessel hold record for the time of this transaction marks the ending time. The sloop that has the shortest time wins!

Prizes:
I'll donate some less common furniture, SMH trinkets, and such to populate the prize pool for the flag-only race.

How many pirates would be interested in this kind of race?

What suggestions or changes does anyone have?

For the full-ocean event I'd like to add another island or two, and come up with some prize packages that would be interesting to other racers, but not too valuable or expensive either.

Please let me know what you think. There won't be an "Event" for Gaea for this race so there won't be a blockade board to navigate across as part of the race.

Last edited by Waterspout on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled Empty Re: Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled

Post by Silverstache Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 pm

This would be fun. Great idea.

You might want to add spring or tinga to require a bit more running around the arch.

An interesting event would be a race from Meke to Gaea requiring them to go through the blockade board.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled Empty Re: Race around Emerald Flag Event- Practice for open event - Cancelled

Post by Waterspout Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Since there does not seem to be much interest in such an event I will cancel it and try to think of something else to do.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

The forums have been dead lately. If everyone's like me, I didn't show interest because this is the first I noticed the post. :/
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:21 pm

I think it sounds like fun, but I will not be available this weekend or next.

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down