Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

+8
isolus
Gremmels
Howee
AKGemini
Mydarkangel
Shaydi
Vari
Waterspout
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Waterspout Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Pacres wrote: Since you were in the same flag, i believe you take half damage from eachother too? The IM on meke has stock on it and i can make some orders for more small shot, I'll just need some people to temporarily takes jobs there so we can pump some out =)

I believe you are correct Pac! That does make it harder to sink each other. IN this case maybe we can stick with more bodies on board. And Howee there is an IM on Meke, Ballweiser, that Pac is talking about.

Yay Mupple for taking the lead, I applaud. I volunteer to drive one of the boats razz I will also offer to donate up to 50K POE for the event.

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Pacres Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I'd love to drive too =) as for posting job notices, I've never actually done that before so it'd be good practice. If someone who has done it before could guide me through it, that'd be swell! I put in an order for 1000 small cannonballs on the IM on meke, any and all pirates that could job over there would be incredibly helpful, Currently, I'm the only staff member there =P If we need to, I can schedule another event blockade and we can get someone from a different flag to come in and practice with us, so we can get a better feel for realistic damage output
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Based on current circumstances I think we need to pare this down a bit. I suggest we try to load only three sloops, ideally staffed with NO, LC, and MM crews and drivers respectively. This means we need to find a day where we have 5 crew members from each crew to staff those sloops. I don't think we should try and job these initial to-be-sunk sloops, it might be even be hard to if there is a good turnout. If we can't find a day to get 15 of us on, we should reduce it to two sloops. Personally I don't think we should throw a lot of POE at this either, maybe 10, 25, and 50K.

I hope we can do this still.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

We're still doing it! If we can't get 5 on each sloop, we can work towards having the same number of crew on each ship (4) - I think having more ships on the board will give us better practice.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Okay, what do you think about Friday night? The usual flag pilly night? I agree we don't have a lot of posters here so I will start to have discussions with flagmates as they come on over the next couple days. As much as I'd love to see each crew have a sloop, I think we'd be better to sign up for a ship to ensure gunners and navers....cause I don't think Howee would gun for me lolz.

I agree that 5 ships may not be necessary, but to deflect attention having some "booby prize" ships would make the game interesting. Once we set on a day of the week, we can start setting up crews. While paring down the prize poe sounds more economical for us, I think that those who may lose a ship would be more interested in the large bounties.

I will collect prize money (donations) from flag members. Give 'til it hurts when I contact you. Or maybe just give a little. Howee, can you do a flag news announcement that I will be collecting prizes and poe for this event. No one should feel they have to give but at least for this first one we can determine what kind of profit, if any, would be available.

Howee will post in the news that I will be pestering flag mates for poes and prizes, for the most convenient day/days of the week, and the job they would like to have (nav, gun, bilge, etc.)

Mupple razz

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Oops, I have one more question. Blockades are the best 3 of 5. Are some rounds longer than others that we were talking about having only round 3? If we only do 1 round, is there something we could do during round one and two?

Just thinking out loud again... whipping

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't LC can get 5 people on. At best it would be 3 or 4 of us or just me. I'm willing to nav my own ship until it's sunk and then gun for anyone after that. Or have a full crew and nav.

If we do three rounds, have a brig or bigger go in for at least one round for trivia and prizes, most tokens on each station?, top station?.
* If it may be prize give away make it a mystery with not saying what's in each box.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Rounds are all the same and last 45 minutes; there is 15 minute break between 1 and 2, and 2 and 3; and a 45 min break between rounds 3 to 4 and 4 to 5. All this being said I think we want to do this just one round, and have folks try and sink and haul as much as they can in the first hour (the 45 min duration plus the 15 minutes after round one before all the ships are thrown out automatically and the board is reset) in a mad cap dash.

I will happily donate Eights Mupple, and would like to drive. Now that I think about it, we can crew each of the three sloops to as high as we can, and we should be willing to mix and match all available pirates. If we get only three on each sloop, with a bot manning cannons on one, so be it. It is all in fun and once we come back in with our fourth sloop to fight over spoils we can get some revenge!

I am not sure we should have booby-prize ships without Eights on them, but I'd like to hear other comments.

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Mupple - I'll be happy to flag-spam, remind me tonight when I'm online (as my brain is already mostly filled up for the day).

I'm not sure how the haul works - are chest hauled up with things in them? I thought only PoE was hauled in blockades?

The flag has some items in the "prize" room. We had an influx of things then it's died off. Mupple - when you spam people for PoEs for this, you can also let them know that anything they have that's filling up their pockets can be donated to the flag. We have some fun stuff, some REALLY fun stuff and some duds (lots of crates, broken barrels, etc). Some of the stuff is stored in the Owl crewhall basement as well (crates and barrels and such). If we don't use all of the things for this event, there will be future events and it's always good to have lots of prizes.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 pm

That's what I was thinking also. I have lots of starfish and piranhas and other stuff. But here is another good time to get rid of stuff you just don't know where to put. Wasn't thinking of having them on the boats, but as tournament prizes to advertise the event. And perhaps a pre-sinky or post-sinky tournament, trivia, or something else.

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Oops, another thought. Would it make sense to have a couple sloops over there - stocked - and ready for purchase? So if someone sinks, they can just grab another and go back in?

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaydi Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 am

hello! i know im not in the flag anymore but i thought id pop on to see how this event was coming along. Feel free to remove me or whatever it is ye do!

I have run this event before and so i have a few suggestions.

- Have the blockade set for 4 rounds but make it so the actual event round is Rd 3. Depending on how many people enter it can take alot longer then you would expect to sink off eachother and haul all the poe. Having the actual event run in round 3 gives the ships an extra hour to shoot and haul. In your ient make everyone aware that they are welcome to go in and shoot eachother in Rd 1 and 2 but the OW booty ships will only be entering Rd3 of the cade.

- Maybe limit OW sloops to 2 on the board at a time. It works better when you have lots of ships after you, trying to sink you and haul your booty. If you have too many OW ships on the board then everyone is super spread out and it takes even longer to get a result. If you are wanting lots of people to get a chance at navving then maybe alternate navvers each seg. You could also take turns on taking ships in, instead of taking them all in at the same time.

- Booby prize ship? You could still have a "booby prize" ship, but at least have 1 or 2k on it. Maybe put in your intent that there is 150k booty spread out amongst 4 ships, have one ship with the majority of the poe and the others with a smaller portion.

- Post your intent sooner rather then later, give people a chance to get their shit together.

Sorry if this is all unwanted advice!

Also, i would still be willing to donate for this event : ) come find me in game if you want to take me up on the offer!

<3 good luck and have fun! xxxx
Shaydi
Shaydi
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks Shaydi for the input, and I agree. For timing purposes if we want the main show to be at 6PM on a Friday, we schedule the event to start at 4PM, the 45 min rounds followed by 15 min breaks for the first two rounds will end just before 6 PM. And I think we should only do the 2 sloops with POE on them followed by a third we can have fun with. If we get significant turn out we could bring in a third.

To clarify for Howee, blockade hauling is only POE. Gifts would go towards the tournaments (before and after are great ideas) as suggested by Mupple. Note we still need Pac to post a new event, and I suggest 2 weeks in advance in order to get the posting up.

So to summarize I think where we are going with this and items we should be sure folks know about in the event announcement:
1. Sloop only sinking, no alliance, with maneuvers, normal event board
2. OW will bring in 2 sloops (maybe 3 with large turnout) with 100K (150K) on them (not evenly distributed)
3. Ask drivers to sign up for the event in the forums, but this is not required
4. Tournaments before and after the event, with prizes
5. Sloops and stock available for purchase on Meke
6. Willing to chart to Meke from almost anywhere on Cerulean at no charge
7. Anything I am missing?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification. (I'm glad to know that I was remembering it correctly!) Tourneys before and after are great ideas. Aside from actual "stuff" (furniture, ships, etc) I have a ton of trinkets as well, and Mupple and I can pull some of the donated clothes from the tailors we have. (I'm sure everyone wants a pair of old, brown & white stripey knickers!) Seriously though, we have had some good stuff donated.

Shaydi - thanks for the input and you are ALWAYS welcome! I know you have a lot of experience with this type of event and am glad for the help.

Spout - on your post, my only suggestion would be to start it a bit later. If we start at 4:00, most of the left coasters won't be available until mid-round two or possibly after round three starts. I know for myself, I'm off of work at 5:00 and on a good day actually make it out the door between 5:10 and 5:15 and with the drive home if I'm online at 6:00 it's a good day. If we started at 5:00 or 6:00, I think we'd have more people participate.

An idea that just ran through my head, loosely based on Marmy's "God Sink the Queen" event. Maybe we could have a royal on each OW boat, and either the nav'r that sinks the first royal or the crew of the boat that sinks the first royal get a "bounty", 500 or 1000 PoE? It would be a "pay" rather than part of the haul.

Last edited by Howee on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am

Howee wrote: An idea that just ran through my head, loosely based on Marmy's "God Sink the Queen" event.

really naughty AK's "God Sink the Queen" event... really naughty

Anyhow, with that out of the way... If anyone needs help getting events up and running I do have some experience as well.

When you see me around, let me know, or drop me a pm. :D
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:10 am

Well I remembered it was the Marmy we were sinking! toast
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:24 pm

So, not wanting to let this wonderful idea languish I propose we hold the event on Friday April 26th, with the first round set to start at 4PM pirate time so that the third round starts at 6 PM or there about. If we can agree to this by this coming Friday April 5th, Pac can schedule it and we can work to get a formal Forum announcement with event art by the following Friday April 12th. That leaves two weeks for folks to get sloops to Meke, and be ready to participate. We should also have the fort well stocked by the time the announcement goes up in the Forums in case folks jump on it immediately and want stock. Comments, questions, concerns?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Art theme?
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 pm

That's my birthday. If I get sunk on my birthday, I better get scathed!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gremmels Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Yay! I like the idea of doing this on April 26th because I know I'll be able to participate. I'll be around and able to help out in whatever way makes the most sense.

yarr

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by isolus Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:04 am

I had an idea for two themed fundraiser for the flag and meke. I was thinking of two events maybe an auction to raise found for the flag or meke or rags riches pilly where people from the flag go pilly in rags to earn money or meke or the flag.
isolus
isolus
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Spout lead a 12-hour fundraising pilly a month or so ago. It was fun! I like the rags idea too and for those of you who don't have any rags, there are some great ones available at Mupple's tailor on Gaea!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:54 am

To go along with howee mentioning the 12 hour pilly..... I've been thinking a little on doing a 24 hour pilly but not sure how much time everyone has atm. It's something to think on and can always post a separate thread for 12 and 24 hour pilly discussion or plans.

And themed pillies are a good idea.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:36 am

Another idea is to host an event blockade with decent prizes, but auction off Otherworld officers prior to the event. Officers would then job for whoever bought them during the event.

I'd spend good Poe to make Howee bnav. :D
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 am

Oh, ye could spend any amount o' PoE, but nothin' can make a Howee b'nav!
It would be fairer to have the high bidder be the one who DOESN'T have to have Howee drive!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum