Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED**

+2
Waterspout
AKGemini
6 posters

Go down

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED** Empty What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED**

Post by AKGemini Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 am

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED** Gollum1

Every pirate has a secret stash of treasure, tucked away in the shadows of their secret room aboard their top-secret ships ported on un-named islands...

These treasures are those most valued by the pirate, each a piece of their piratey history. Not all riches are coins and gems, and even the smallest thing can be the start of a great adventure, or a memento of one past.

Contest: Writing Event

Reveal to us (in 500-1000 words) your most sentimental piratey treasure and the story behind it. I myself have several odds and ends I keep around for sentimental reasons, yet are not the most expensive things found in the game. Even when I was younger, I kept a box for random things I had found or received that had special meaning to me.

Share with us your fondest pirating memories.

Entries will be judged solely on which I like best. yea

Post your entry in a reply in this thread.

Due Date: End of Day, April 20th, 2013

Judge: AKGemini

Prizes:
1 Brand New Trinket Case & 5 random Trinkets (YAY!!!!!!!!!)
*All prizes will be awarded on Cerulean Ocean.

Last edited by AKGemini on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED** Empty Re: What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED**

Post by Waterspout Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:27 pm

I had to think about this one for a bit AK, but I think I have my submission down. Unfortunately, I don't have any trinkets that have special value to me so I am hoping that is not specifically what you were asking about. I do poorly at tournaments and haven't really won anything or received anything I value on that level.

But I do fond and special memories about two ships that had major impact on my playing of the game. The first is a sloop that isn't even mine, it is the Reserved Tench that Silverstache let me use to pillage with. I still remember getting up the nerve to post my first pillages using that ship, and how quickly and easily I sailed across Emerald and Diamond pillaging with it!

The second ship I am attached to is the first War Brig I purchased when I realized I wanted to drive big ships too, and learn to drive in a sinking situations. Admiral Finius' flotilla appeared off Delta (near Meke) and I thought that was the perfect opportunity to start this process so I bought the Fit Muskellunge to attack it with. The Fit has been used by me countless times since then, and has only sunk once (in a Haunted Seas).

I now own a lot of sloops, and several War Brigs, but those two ships will always be special to me!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED** Empty Re: What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED**

Post by AKGemini Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm

1 more day!!!
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:49 am

As soon as AK had mentioned the event I knew right away what I was using as the most precious item I have. I had had quite a few questions about it to clarify everything.

Here is a shortened version of everything:

As most everyone knows me and Naiki met here on the game on Viridian. It all started with me having an alt in a friend’s crew and complaining about too many pvp’s on the same ship in one day. After that we spent time together talking and puzzling and spending a lot of time together. He did join the crew I was in after he knew about Angel being the main. We had talked a little on actually meeting but that ended up getting put on hold when he disappeared for 9 months. I had waited a few days before checking to see when he was last on thinking I had missed him on. And from then on I kept checking a couple times a day to every few days to see if the last log in day had changed but it didn’t. So when I did finally see his name come back on, I got the shaky, happy, excited, couldn’t really breathe feeling. We ended up talking for quite a while the next few days and then on the phone. I think he was the one who had mentioned getting married on the game and I got excited and started planning everything. The ceremony took place 2 weeks later on Nova and got a picture done afterwards. He wasn’t too happy I made him wear pink and red. He did make me cookies before coming to see me for real. The real ceremony was September of 2011. The most precious items I have are from him as trinkets and the portrait of us. Also, can’t forget about all the other things he’s gotten for me over the years.

And may have to copy and paste the link (portrait of us on the wedding day):
http://meridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Mydarkangel&itemid=22283625

Last edited by Mydarkangel on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a few mistakes)
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 pm

My precious is actually the chart ship for the Loose Cannons, the Inexpensive Barbel.

Waaaaay back when, when Chancy was captain of the Cannons and also Monarch of Otherworld, a bunch of us wanted to get him something special. So behind his back, a bunch of pirates (Whoader, Gnomes, Horns, Lothias, Marmy, Rosebones, and Howee are a few I can think of) all thought it was a good idea to pitch in money to buy Chancy a GF.

Little did they know how much it was going to cost them. I, as a loyal cabin person, would donate my daily earnings to one of them (or else it'd get buried on a random island to which I had no way of getting) and it seemed that every day it wasn't enough. But then it finally was built and docked and I remember Chancy was completely over the moon!

It was a true showing of how close people become thanks to this game, and I'll always remember it.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cully Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:13 pm

My greatest treasure is no mere trinket. It is neither sword nor vessel with ballast or sail. It is worn and weathered through use and by love. I would weep at the loss of it. My greatest treasures by far are my memories.

They rise up like ghosts in the night and swirl about my mind as bittersweet dreams. Times spent with mates who became family. They knew me better than I knew myself. Upon great ships we would carve out our stories and sing out our troubles. Our joy would ring out across the waves like bells on a winter morning. We protected and loved one another with a fierceness that would make lesser men tremble. Beside me you stood, never letting me fall. Your strength comforted me. Your laughter eased my burdens.

I hold these dreams close to my heart, tucked safely away, protected and cherished. These ghost whisper to me reminding me of the goodness and love I have found though the waters may have been rough for, as we all know, nothing so pure and beautiful will last. Early spring blossoms must give way under the rains and heat of summer.

You were my brothers in arms, and as the dust settled and smoke cleared, I miss you now you are gone. I stand upon the docks and watch for you, though I know deep in my soul I will not see your sail upon the horizon. I pray you are happy and safe and whole. As was then, always will be, I stand beside you wherever you are.

God speed, friends, may we meet again.
The Cully
The Cully
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

What Has Its Got in Its Booty, Precious? **EVENT CLOSED** Empty Event Closed

Post by AKGemini Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:57 am

Alright Mates,

The event is now closed.

I will have the winner decided by Friday night, where I can give the winner their prize!!!
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 am

**Howee sighs**

Me entry is on me computer at work. I fergot to upload it. silent
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:35 am

The winner is Cully,and it seems I owe one more trinket!

Congrats Cully!!!!
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down