Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby!

+2
Gelflord
Waterspout
6 posters

Go down

A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby! Empty A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby!

Post by Waterspout Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm

I would like to sponsor an event at Gaea, and Rhapsady has graciously offered the first place prize (providing it well below cost).

This will be a traditional blockade event with the flag getting the most points winning.

Here is what I'd like to do:
Dhows, only and sinking.
Only one entry per flag.
If you sink you can't bring in a second Dhow
Basic battle board, tokens yes, cannons effective
OK for Otherworld to bring in one Dhow

Prizes:
First: Plans for the new Rogue Dhow
Second: 48K Eights
Third: 24K Eights
Fourth: 12K Eights

I chose the POE values based on the Dhow having 12 crew, first place winner will have to pay his own crew off. I'll sponsor this event and provide the Eights. I will also referee it too.

I would like to know if this idea sounds interesting to everyone, and when we would consider running it, since we just finished the God, Sink the Queen one.

If we want to proceed with this I'd like to have AK and Dagger submit ideas for the event posting art.

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby! Empty Re: A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby!

Post by Gelflord Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Why not do it at Meke? That way you can make the event yourself yea
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby! Empty Re: A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby!

Post by Waterspout Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 pm

To be honest we don't have a lot of stock at Meke, and if we want to make an investment to spur one islands' economy, I'd prefer to do Gaea!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Auzilla Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I am with Water. We should do this at Gaea

Auz.
Auzilla
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I don't hear any objections to this event so I propose holding it on Saturday or Sunday August 4th or 5th, probably at 10:00 AM pirate time in case of a noon blockade. Does anyone have any comments or concerns on those dates or the time?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

Hum. That is the August Long Weekend here in Canada, so lots of people will be up at cottages (including me, most likely). Just a warning for if you want to include your Canadian piraty friends.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Aha! Thanks for the heads-up Gelf, that is why I posted a proposed date just for such feedback. I definitely want everyone to have a chance to participate so I will propose the following weekend, August 11th and 12th instead!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Auzilla Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Can we go the last full weekend in July? Otherwise Ry and possible I will be gone back to Boston. Also we will be moved and I am not sure if we will have our internet back up by then? If not I understand and will catch the next one.

Auz.
Auzilla
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:26 pm

That weekend also works for me but we need to decide today as Marmy has to do event blockades 2 weeks in advance. If there no objections I will go for that weekend. I suggest Saturday at 10:30 pirate time in case there is a blockade at noon that arises without notice, that would be Saturday July 28th. yea
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

sounds like fun, unfortunately i wont be able to do either of the first two weekends in august as Ill be in vancouver running my half marathon. One thing tho, I participated in the bumber sloop event hosted by darkabyss' flag, and just bumping to full damage takes FOREVER (the event lasted well past 2 hours). Eventually we HAD to get the BK's boats involved to shoot us full of holes for the first person to sink! AND we were limited to two pirates per ship!!! So that would be something to consider, that being said a full ship may produce more move tokens? BUT will also be more effective with damage control.. I know we want to promote the flag and gaea, but I would recommend it be in a flotilla with entrants being dq'd if a cannon gets shot by one of the participants (this worked well in the bumper sloops). we also had the referee create a barrier for how deep into the flot we had to be (once we were already bumping for an hour with no sinks, to promote us competing against fully armed BK's too - this still took an hour for the two finalists to battle it out!) Also they charted any ships that were entered to the event site and provided rum on location for participants (no cbs). I'd recommend talking with darkabyss what other things they learned from a bumper event also more details on refereeing etc.
~Dagger
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for your post dagger, but despite the name of the event it will be canons effective, so both shooting and ramming will be available to all participants! That being said I will happily talk with anyone who has run these kind of events to learn from their experiences!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:57 am

Ok we are set for that Saturday thank to Marmy! Now I need our resident artists to help me with forum art, if they be interested.

One thought I had was abunch of garishly colored dented up ships running into each other and shooting each other. But I leave it to the artists!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:10 am

I'll leave the art in AK's or some other talented otherworlder's hands this time around, my half-marathon training is taking a lot out of me this month and I'm scraping by on energy levels for any kind of inspiration and creativity Sleep sad
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 am

Event Blockade created for Sat, July 28th at 10:30 am. Should be good.
Marmy
Marmy
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:44 am

A new Event for Gaea - Dhow Demolition Derby! DhowDemolition

Hope this is ok.
AKGemini
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:40 am

Looks great to me AK! Thank you sooo much!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:37 am

looks great AK! Saw the post on the YPP forums today too so just i time^_^
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum