Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th

+2
Silverstache
Waterspout
6 posters

Go down

Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th Empty Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th

Post by Waterspout Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:08 am

Vargas dropped on Meke today (September 29th), and is currently scheduled by Silverstache for Sunday October 9th at 10 AM Pirate Time (Pacific Time)

Last edited by Waterspout on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Confirme date and time of the blockade)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th Empty Re: Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th

Post by Silverstache Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:00 am

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I think it's the best thread to respond with any times pirates cannot make it.

Earliest time is 12n on Saturday. This is often preferred because it's a popular time.

I am going to make myself available any time between 12n Saturday and 12n Sunday

I've created a google calendar for the Meke blockade and as people post when they can or cannot make it I'm going to put the schedule up on this calendar. I couldn't configure it to only show that weekend. If anyone knows how to do that drop me a line.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nn2tc72jhev782p1fm67aqr7qs%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

Use this email to send times you CANNOT participate. I think you can use many standard mail programs/calendar programs to send meetings to the calendar.
nn2tc72jhev782p1fm67aqr7qs@group.calendar.google.com

EDIT: To use this email, create a meeting in whatever calendar program you use and invite the above email. This will put the time you are unavailable on this calendar. I don't have everyone's google account so this is the most effective way to get the data up quickly. If you cannot create a meeting like this or prefer not to do so just post in this thread when you are not available and I'll add it.

NOTE: Even if you cannot help the day of the blockade, we can use help contacting allies, running tournaments announcing the blockade, stocking ships, and general organization over the next week. Please don't worry if you cannot help. This is supposed to be fun.

Last edited by Silverstache on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added note about how to use the email)
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th Empty Re: Blockade on Meke by Vargas! October 9th

Post by Gelflord Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:15 am

I have petitioned the OMs to hopefully change the date.

It is Thanksgiving for me that weekend, and since I am the monarch I may be able to whine and mingle my way into having them move the date. I've requested the weekend after, as well as the Sunday.

I will keep everyone posted on when the OMs respond to me so that we can have a firm date.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:18 am

oh god, the weekend after I probably can't do. Ugh I completely forgot about Thanksgiving. Not sure why since it often falls around me b-day.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 am

This is the right place in the forum for strategizing Stache.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 am

Remember this is a public section of the forum, so good for strategizing with allies, I'm pretty sure Vargas can't see it yea Intimate details of blockade planning should go to Blockade thread.
Marmy
Marmy
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:01 am

You are correct Marmy, I wanted to use the SO one for strategizing
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:03 am

It has come to my attention that people may not understand the reason I'm asking for the available times. For BK blockade attacks, the governor (maybe all royals) have the option to pick any time in that weekend's blockade window. This is why I asked for people to put up their availability on the Google calendar.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 pm

I received a reply from the OMs saying the same things that Stache already did - the governor may change the blockade to any time within the blockade window. They said they weren't sure if they could do it the weekend after.

Really, it's only a 2 strength blockade. With both Stache and Marms around, we've got enough royals online to keep the jobbers in check and to take over if the other dc's / breaks from the pressure.

I am totally unavailable that weekend, but I will definitely be pulling on allies and hearties to get support. I have already started, but I can't give them a real date of the block until Monday. Looks like we're all leaning towards Sunday, though.

Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryston Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:10 pm

I am out Sunday, but available on Saturday.
Ryston
Ryston
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackjammer Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I eatting turkey like gelf that weekend
Blackjammer
Blackjammer
Cavalier
Cavalier

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 am

OH Yea! We Crushed Vargas! Killed him off in 2nd round. We had lots of great jobbers, were able to fill 3 brigs at a time. And maybe a junk too? help me out here Silver. Waterspot and I sunk ships and Oslan and Uglykidjake got the points. All under the brilliant direction of Silverstache. Howee got the jobbers on the ships where we needed them. This was my first time feeling like a successful blockade naver. My fist time on the front line, and I had a blast. And Waterspout! first blockade, and kicked some BK arse!

Was a great blockade, Congratulations Otherworld!
boatload
Marmy
Marmy
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 pm

It was indeed a lot of fun! Vargas threw 5 WB, 1 Junk, 1 Bag, 2 Fans, one dhow (maybe 2) and a half dozen or so sloops. 3 WB and a Junk came in the first round, only 2 WB came in the second. Oslan and I finished off the last sloop when I pinned it against rocks, and both Oslan and I emptied our 8 canon broadsides into it. It was a little overkill, ok ok it was a lot of overkill but a most appropriate finishing exclamation point!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 pm

We did well. Some small hiccups but mostly because I didn't really plan for having as many jobbers as we did.

We had 4 in flag navers and probably could have put a few more point sitters on the board. However, I didn't catch this until to late that the dhows were not stocked.

Howee great job as the jobbing contact. Some confusion when in round 2 we really didn't need more jobbers and were on a ship on the board. I should have planned for having too many jobbers

Marmy and Waterspout. Excellent job going out there and sinking Vargas. You both showed tenacity in sticking with the enemy and taking them down.

UglykidJake and Oslan great work in coming out and taking in a ship even though you were not confident at it. Thank you both for coming out and having fun. Just never worry about sinking as long as we are winning.

I shouldn't have taken a ship in even though it was fun. It was hard to admiral and nav at the same time but since Vargas was mostly dead at that time, I figured I should have a little fun.

Good job all
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down