Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates of the Week

Go down

Pirates of the Week Empty Pirates of the Week

Post by Gelflord Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

On this day of days, this International Talk Like a Pirate Day, a great thing is happening. <br>
A wonderful thing, a marvellous thing indeed. Pirate of the Week, the place where pirates nominate other pirates because they'er awesome, continues onwards!
This week's Pirate is one who is currently not with us on Midnight anymore. Though, when she was here, she made such a lasting impression on all of us that she truly deserves to be recognized.
Cato is an Officer of the Loose Cannons who played with us all last year. She is a superb person in that she is always caring about everyone around her. Her first concern is never with herself or with her poe, but with how her hearties and friends are doing.
Cato's nominator, Eadan, exclaims that "Cato always has helped me through my rough spots. She has truly helped make my life better." Another of Cato's nominators, Gelflord, agrees and adds that "Cato is truly one of a kind. She is so incredibly caring that her heart is full to bursting with her love for people around her."

Thank you, Cato, for truly making our lives better places. You were a great hearty and friend on our ocean, and we hope you ditch Viridian and come back to Midnight soon yea
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Week Empty Auzilla

Post by Gelflord Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Well mates, it's Monday once again and you should all know what that means!
That's right, Pirate of the Week time!

This week's pirate is one who has been very busy outside of the game lately. His hard work and dedication to his family outside the game as well as to his crew is truly astounding to witness. He will always step up for the people who need an extra hand without hesitation, and he is always thinking for the betterment of everyone around him.

This week's Pirate of the Week is Auzilla!

Auzilla, known less formally as Auuuuuuuuuuuuuzillaaaaaaaaaaaaa (rhymes with Goooooodzilllllaaaaaaaaaaaa) or Auz, as some of you may know, has recently moved into captaincy of the Mad Mutineers. And even though he has a very demanding job and two very demanding boys at home, he's stepped up to the plate and the Mad Mutineers continue to thrive.

You're doing an amazing job, Auz. Keep up the awesome.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Week Empty Re: Pirates of the Week

Post by Gelflord Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:56 pm

I just realized that I'd completely forgotten to post a Pirate of the Week this week!

My bad!

This will be remedied by a special DOUBLE Pirate of the Week coming up this Monday!

Well, "this Monday" is now today!!

Ahoy all!

Well done this weekend defending our island against Vargas. I hope everyone had fun doing so.

This week's Pirate of the Week is a super special super fantastic double featurette!

The two pirates this week are both from the Mad Mutineers. They both are really fun pirates, are Senior Officers (for good reason, too!), and are well known and well liked on the ocean.

Our first pirate of the week this week is Silverstache! Got a question about the game, politics, life in general? Stache has a well thought out and appropriate answer for anything you might want to know. He was the one who organized the defense against Vargas this past weekend, and did a super job of doing so. His valiant efforts have allowed us to gain significant amounts of respect on the ocean and have caused Vargas to crawl back to the hole he came from.

Our second pirate of the week this week is Waterspout! Spout has found himself to be a very popular pirate around the ocean lately. I am able to walk into a pillage and pirates will ask me "Otherworld, that's where Waterspout is, right?". He always sees tasks through to their completion, as can be seen with his significant contributions this weekend in both our blockade and in the defense of Spring vs. Bipolar (he navved to help our allies!). He is always looking to try new things and to help out his friends however he can.

Thank you both for all you've done for us. Your contributions to the ocean are truly astounding and fantastic.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Time to look past the doom and gloom which is that of Mondays and find the bright side of life! Thaaaaaat's right, it's time for the next weekly installment of Pirate of the Week!!

This week's pirate is one who has worked so hard and for so long that they have lost an eye, a hand, a leg, and even has changed skin tones! She has been around for so many ages, she has even seen the days where dinosaurs ruled the seas on their ships made of hide and with human figureheads. Shocked

That's right, the pirate of this week is none other than the sincere and wise Marmy!

Marmy is one of the most knowledgeable pirates on the ocean. She is always willing to teach and to learn new things, and as such has a wealth of experience on nearly every matter on the ocean. As a Senior Officer of the Loose Cannons, she is great at teaching any pirate in the crew the ropes. As Princess of the flag, she is integral in bringing in new alliances to the flag and in helping represent us as a whole.

Her crewmate Uglykidjake calls Marmy "The greatest pirate to ever live". Jake goes on, saying "If I knew her in RL, I'd court her."

Another crewmate, Olirt, says Marmy is always "being understanding, wicked in all ways and unique in her own marvelous ways. ;)"

Marmy is truly caring to all of those around her and does her best to ensure everyone around her is happy. Her knowledge and spirit are felt across the ocean. Even one such as Chetara calls Marmy "A really big sweetheart."

Thank you, Marmy, for all that you do. We all love having you around!
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Ahoy, mates! It's Monday, so you should know what that means!

Pirate of the Week is here once more! Hurrah! Huzzah! HUghsmtalsdgbbdhaaaah!

This week's pirate of the week is one who isn't seen around as often as everyone'd like. She is a pirate who is always giving, and she has one of the biggest hearts the world has to offer.

This week's pirate is none other than Eadan!

Eadan is an officer in the Loose Cannons. She has been around with us fer nearly two years now. Unfortunately, her health makes it so that she doesn't come in to the game as often as we'd like. Eadan is one who thinks highly of others and isn't afraid to show her appreciation.

We miss you, Eadan. We hope you come back to us soon yea
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

Ahoy mates!

It's once again time for the life-fulfilling sequence of letters and punctuation which culminates to the best time of someone's piraty career! The time they are shown to be Pirate of the Week!

This week's pirate is well, uhm...unique to say the least. This pirate's uniqueness brings a whole new level of joy to everyone who is around them when they are online, and pirates are constantly asking to see this pirate and often yell out this pirate's name for no apparent reason.

This week's pirate's nominator, Howee, has this to say about the nominee, "<This pirate> is so awesome they deserve Pirate of the Week. And hey, <this pirate> hasn't gotten it yet this year!"

And, since both of those statements are quite true, this week's pirate of the week is none other than our resident Prince of the Night Owls, Howee!!!!!!
Howee has been playing this game for forever and a half, and for all of that time has brought a smile to the ocean around him. He's a fantastic person, pirate, and friend, and truly deserves recognition as such. He sincerely enjoys being a friend to us all, and we enjoy being his also.

Howee, thank you for always bringing a smile to our faces. We love you and your not-so-fuzzy arse too!
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 am

Pirate of the Week Returns!!!

I know many of you were waiting anxiously on your noses to smell the tidings of who might be dubbed Pirate of the Week this week. That's right, poor Prince Howee will have to step down from his well-earned throne and pass on the Crown of Awesome to someone else this week.

And who is this lucky person, you may ask? Who is this person worthy of our praises, our joy and affection? Who is this pirate whose puzzling sparkles shine so brightly that those around them have their eyes burned in tears of joy? Who?

Who indeed.

Who else?

Akgemini of course!

Akgemini, also known to those close to him as Alaska, AK, Ack, Aaaaaaaaaaaack, and to those reeeeally close to him, "Aaaahk", is the captain of the Loose Cannons. He is 5003% always determined to do what he thinks and knows is right, and will follow through on any decision he makes.

Akgemini's been around a while, and has seen many a thing on this ocean. Frankly, a lot of us have been around a while also, but we've never seen anything quite like Ack. He's caring, kind, knowledgeable, spirited, inspiring, wise, and one of his greatest traits is that he's still trying to learn. That's right, he goes out of his way to learn to skills and puts them to use.

Congratulations, Akgemini! Keep learning and keep inspiring. You are fantastic at all you do, and will always find a way to make things better!

Last edited by Gelflord on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made this a Pirate of the Week post)
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Week Empty Not really a Pirate of the Week post, but frankly, I had fun writing it.

Post by Gelflord Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:55 am

Due to a slight lackthereof nominations, there is no pirate of the week this week, but there still is a new addition to our flag whom needs to be recognized.

It crawled from the depths of the ocean, dodging its way through triketos trines and Eparchos spawn. It befriended a friendly neighbourhood crab on its way, having adventures and swimming joyously towards the surface. Upwards, upwards it swam only to be trapped in an Archelos net! Oh no, what was it to do? Darkness fell.

They may be trapped in this darkness, but they were trapped together. Finding itself in a small, cramped space, they waited.
Time passed in darkness.

Suddenly, there was a shift in the mood. Movement! They were being pulled somewhere! It was almost as if they had been latched to something and yanked away from their cold dark haven. Shouts of strange voices yelling "Shiny" could be heard in the distance, as well as the distant clang of steel on steel.

The constant wetness drained away, and they both found they were content without it. Who needs to be wet all the time anyways? they thought. The darkness still persisted, but they were at least more comfortable.

Again, movement. After a time, a very short time compared to how long they'd been in the darkness, the movement stopped and the voices returned with cheering. "Arr, we've ported!" the voices shouted. The little creature and its crab friend were dumbstruck. Never had they heard these voices before, but they were strangely warm and friendly.

Light

The creature blinked its eyes and looked around upon the surroundings. Everything was bright, warm, dry...comfortable. There was a sound and suddenly it spotted a dashing woman. A beautiful woman in grey and maroon with a dark spot over one eye, a strange hook for a hand and who clicked when her leg stepped on the ground. It moved toward her, and the creature knew it had finally met its match. Bringing along its crab friend, the Ippolito set itself on Marmy's shoulder and was finally happy.

Congrats Marmy on your win in Atlantis!
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooys everybody!
We've got nominations coming in again, so Pirate of the Week continues!

This week's nominee is a machine. With a fairly one-track mind, this pirate has blown through the notice board with his antics and skill, and is one of the main reasons our flag has found a comfy spot in the #1 fame of the ocean.

This week's Pirate of the Week is none other than Uglykidjake!

Jake has been playing the game for about a year now, but in the last short period of time where he has learned the art of bnav, he has grown exponentially. From being a funny guy who could carp good, he's gone to being a funny guy who could carp good and nav good too! He's always learning, and doing his best to keep everyone informed.<br><br>
His nominator, Marmy, says "Jake is truly a Loose Cannon, known far and wide on the ocean." His crewmate, Psychosam calls Jake a "Ladies Man". Overall, he is funloving which allows him to be very popular on the ocean.

Keep it up, Jake. You make us all proud.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Ahoy everyone!

Onto our main event, Pirate of the Week! This week's pirate is a beautiful and fun loving gentlewoman. Her heart is made of pure gold-plated steel (rawr?) and the way she just plays for fun is contagious to everyone around her.

This week's Pirate of the Week is none other than Yavannah!

Yav is an officer in the Loose Cannons. She exemplifies awesomeness in that she's willing to take up any duty station that needs filling, even if she hates it. Her nominator, Uglykidjake told me, "she's excellent on most (all) stations, never complains, always happy, does whatever you ask her to do. She even gunned for me, though she did not have much experience, never tried to shy out of it like the other 5 pirates on the ship." It's this willingness to learn and help out that has given her this nomination and recognition as our Pirate of the Week this week.

Thank you, Yavannah, for being such a wonderful help and support for everyone here. You rock.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:55 am

Ahoy all!
I'm sorry if this is broken into two parts, it was really difficult to make this only one.

I took it upon myself to write a Pirate of the Year post. My original
intention was to get as many nominations as I could in two days, judge who got
the most and the best, and to post that pirate's nominations. Unfortunately,
that plan failed miserably.

Over the past couple of days I've forced nominations from everyone I've seen. Flagmates, hearties, allies, anyone. I've received SO much awesome feedback and here are some of the highlights I've received.

"1 word, awesome." (from Oslan)
"Who needs a reason? They're just the best." (from Uglykidjake)
"Awesome...no in all seriousness they helped me settle into the crew." (from Psychosam)
"They bring a lot of experience to the crew and helped me a lot!" (from Waterspout)
"Doing such a great job, taking us to the #1 spot." (from Marmy)
"They're great. Doesn't mind teaching me stuff which I should already know." (from Yavannah)
"Funny and nice." (also from Yavannah)
"Number 1 pirates." (Yavannah keeps going)
"All people I've met are nice." (Yavannah's last one)
"Taught me to bnav. Hilariously naive at times." (from Delores)
"They're nice. Always willing to answer questions." (from Akgemini)
"Really nice and caring, and very responsible. They do a lot of piratey work for the better of the ocean. They're good people." (from Amelia)
"Rocking the fame board." (from Silverstache)
"Fun." (from Raucousred)
"Fantastic." (from Piratejaimee)
"Awesome." (from Howee)

As you can see, there is a prevailing theme in all of these nominations. Not only is everything awesome, but all of these pirates are members of this flag. What does that mean? Otherworld is plain awesome. And if you can read this, you're part of Otherworld. You know what that means?

The Pirate of the Year is YOU.
You, who are part of this community. You, who is a friend to us. You, whom we love and support.
Congratulations to you, for you are truly awesome in everyone's eyes.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum