Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate

3 posters

Go down

Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate Empty Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate

Post by Waterspout Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 pm

I would like to host a battle navigator training event, preferably at Meke, similar to ones I have run  in the past.  In those events I covered a broad range of battle navigation topics which I can do again; or if you would prefer a more focused session on whirlpool navigation only is fine with me.

Weekends are very hard to schedule, so I'd like to toss out either Wednesday July 10th or July 17th. If you are interested in this training please reply to this forum, and if a Wednesday date works for you.  I could provide an hour or so  of training between 5 and 9 pm, so let me know if that time frame works for you too.  Thursdays or Friday before flag event is an option too.

If you want an example of topics I covered in past events see this posting: https://an-otherworld.forumotion.com/t590-basic-battle-navigator-training-opportunity-new-proposed-date

We will need to be on TS or Skype for this training.

August 28 Update:

I will have Mupple create a 2-round, cannons ineffective, standard map, sloop only event at Meke for this training.  If you need a sloop there many of us in the flag can chart you there.  I will go over with you basic ship operation so that I know you understand all aspects of controlling your ship (might rings, carp and bilge damage indicator, and such).

I will then go over some basic moves and how currents and whirlpools effect your vessel.  In the second round we will do some actual battle nav, pairing up in teams.  For this I want people to TALK to each other so that you get a feeling for all the thought and process that goes into moves.  Remember there is no 'right way' to battle navigate, only basic concepts up to you to apply.

I also have two files I will try to make available:
1. A one-page pillage damage cheat sheet
2. Battle Nav basic concepts

I don't know how to post PDF files to this web site, but I will ask more knowledgeable web savvy folks how I might do so before the training.  If you are interested in attending this training, please sign up in this forum.

Last edited by Waterspout on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate Empty Re: Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate

Post by Waterspout Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Replying to my own post so folks see this topic again; so far no one seems interested in any aspect of battle navigation?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate Empty Re: Battle Navigation basics - Wednesday September 18th at 6:00 PM Pirate

Post by Howee Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 am

I've heard a lot of people talk about it, and see that it's had 22 views so my guess is that people are interested but haven't replied. I know that Swoggles for certain is interested. Along those lines, I need to see that he's got access to the forums. Please remember to have your new crewmates sign up!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahemian Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 am

Weeeeelll I guess I will have to be around for this, seeing as I cant tell the difference between the front or the back of a boat when it comes to bnav.

Bahemian
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

How about August 7th, 14th, or 21st?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:51 am

I'm home on Wednesday nights so pick a date (remind me of the date!) and I'll be there!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Please reply here if you are interested in the training on September 18th!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:49 pm

The 18th will be the first night of a study group that I'm joining. It'll be every other Wednesday night. I want to be there, but for me it's purely to have the information. My brain doesn't process spacial/directional concepts well so driving makes me cry. Having said that, it's not imperative that I'm there and I hope everyone takes the opportunity - yer a great nav'r Spout!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum