Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help!

+2
Gremmels
Grimbleclaus
6 posters

Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help!

Post by Grimbleclaus Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 am

Ho! Ho! Ho! Hello boys and girls, it's me, Grimbleclaus! The other day I was getting ready to give toys to all the good boys and girls of the world when I discovered that I had completely forgotten the islands of the Cerulean Ocean! I looked at my chart and the only islands I could see to deliver presents to were Winter Solstice, Gaea, and Spring! "Oh no!" I thought, "How am I going to get presents to all the good little pirate, skellie, zombie, and werewolf boys and girls?" I was almost ready to have some hot buttered rum and call it a night when it occurred to me to me: Flag Otherworld is full of good little boys and girls! Perhaps they could help me get all the islands of Cerulean on my Chart!

Boys and girls, I'm asking you, Grimbleclaus to pirates, can you help me? This is an awful mess I've found myself in.

P.S. While it can affect my memory, please spread the word of how grateful I am to the boys and girls of Cerulean for considering my lactose issues and leaving me cookies and rum! Also, could you also let it be known that Grudolph prefers carrots to sugarcane and cultist chowder? -GC
Grimbleclaus
Grimbleclaus
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty Whisking Party

Post by Gremmels Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 am

Sounds like a whisking party is in order! naughty

**Maybe I could even take advantage of the party and get some islands I don't have on my chart, too.**

Gremmels

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty Re: Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help!

Post by Waterspout Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Hoys Grimble, I'd be happy to help you to various islands on the Midnight side of Cerulean as I have been to them all. This is not the case for some of the Cobalt side. I will watch for you to come on the game when I am also on.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty Re: Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help!

Post by Howee Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

**Howee jumps up an' down happily**

Grimble Claus! Ye found us! O' course I'd be happy to help ye find any isles that ye don' gots yet. I gots all o' em on the Midnight side o' the world, an' a fair bit on the Cobalt side.

What on Earth were peoples leavin' ye, if not rum? **Howee shudders at the thought of warm milk**
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty RE

Post by Pacres Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 pm

What in the world is a white elefant exchange? O.o
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm

A White Efelant is a kind o' gift exchange. Ye brings somethin' that may make ye shudder an' has nightmares, but someone else would LOVE to have. Ye wraps it up so no one can see what it is (like all gifts should be!). Everyone sticks their gifts under the Grimble tree. Everyone gets a number an' whoever has #1 goes first. They gets to pick one present an' unwrap it so everyone can see what they got. Then #2 goes, an' they can either open a new gift or "steal" from #1. If they steal from #1, #1 gets to open another gift. Then the next person goes an' can either steal from whoever has opened a gift, or they can pick somethin' from under the tree. Any one gift can only be stolen 3 times, an' ye can't steal back immediately from someone who stole from ye (although, if yer gift gets stolen again later an' ye wants to steal back from the first person who took yer gift, ye can). At the end, the person who went first gets to either keep whats they got or steal, they gets to do this because in this game, goin' first doesn't always give ye an advantage.
Usually a PoE cap is place on how much ye can spend if ye decide to buy yer white efelant.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Of course it's not a real white elephant exchange unless two people remember the family's/crew's/flag's/workplace's traditional rules differently and it comes to blows over whether someone can steal that statue made of pocket lint *again*.

Between the three crews and war crew how hard would it be to cover all the uninhabited islands with sloops? Whether Grimbleclaus needs them for non-pirate children or not, I know I for one have an island in Onyx I still haven't stepped on and would love to get everybody we can with complete known worlds.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Grimbleclaus needs Otherworld's help! Empty Google doc for whisking

Post by Vari Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 am

I've set up a google doc for folks to volunteer their ships for use as whisking ships.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvM2nSnNJWV6dEpmY0kxNG5xQzczbkh4YmZEQUFPWnc

If you wish to volunteer a ship or seven, start a column with the deedholder's name and list the ships at the islands they are at. You will note that I have not listed any at uninhabited islands. I'm intending to move the ships as we see what is needed where.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum