Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirate of the Week

3 posters

Go down

Pirate of the Week Empty Pirate of the Week

Post by Gelflord Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

I would like to start a weekly recognition of pirates within the flag. Each week, one pirate will be recognized as "Pirate of the Week", and will have a little schpiel posted about them by yours truly in the Flag News for everyone to see!

First off, I want to say that I hate using HTML. Makes me forget that I don't have line breaks when I press enter. I blame the fact that the giant news post is hard to read because of that (there's supposed to be a lot of line breaks that aren't there razz)

Pirates of the Week have gone above and beyond in some way shape or form. Maybe they chose to pillage with you instead of jobbing with a different hearty, maybe they gave you that extra 1K of poe you needed so you could buy that sword ye wanted. They don't have to have saved the world with their bare toes (though that would be pretty cool), but they should have something that distinguishes them as someone who needs to be recognized and thanked.

The Pirate of the Week does not need to have done whatever it was they did 'recently'. If you want to recognize someone for pillaging with ye on Pillage Till Ye Drop, for example, they can still be a Pirate of the Week in a couple weeks from now.

The preferred method of submission is through PM. If you send me a PM with
1) the name of the pirate you are nominating
and
2) why you are nominating them
3) If you want to say that you were the one who nominated them (these can be anonymous if ye choose)
then I can write it down in a document and have it ready to post for the next week.

Ye can also send me a tell in-game, but MAKE SURE I RESPOND. If I do not respond to your tell, you can't know that I have gotten the tell in the first place...actually, you can assume that I didn't get your tell at all. Either send me another tell, or whistle at me, or just wait until I am somewhat less busy. If I get your tell late and you have logged off, I will respond to you as soon as I can to confirm that I got your submission.

A third option is to post a reply in this thread. This method is fine, it works, but everyone can see it too. If you want to just make someone feel good, but not necessarily nominate them for PotW (pirate of the week), feel free to post in here. For example, I could post something like "Ryston is awesome because she hasn't beaten her kids in 3 whole hours!". Ryston would then read this post and laugh and feel better about herself, but it's not necessarily something I'd post in the flag news as a PotW.

The point of this is to recognize people who don't necessarily get recognized all the time. We have a ton of great pirates in the flag, and we all deserve to be recognized for our efforts as pirates and the great people that we are. If you have a nomination, don't hold back! Let's have some fun with this!
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Pirate of the Week Empty Re: Pirate of the Week

Post by Auzilla Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 am

Hey King this is a great idea. Love Love Love it.

As for Ryston being able to go 3 hours without Beating really naughty my WONDERFUL CHILDREN while i am at work or trying to sleep IS deserving of pirate of the week. razz

Auz.
Auzilla
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryston Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Pssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttt!
Ryston
Ryston
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 am

If any Pirates of the Week would like to post here, whether to thank their nominees, brag about being awesome, or just express how being Pirate of the Week makes ye feel, please feel free to do so!

That being said, I'm running out of nominees! If you were a Pirate of the Week, remember how it felt when ye first read that post explaining how awesome ye are. Wouldn't it feel great to pass that feeling on to someone else? Send me a PM or contact me somehow with a nomination, and I'm sure that you will brighten the day of that pirate. And you'll feel good too, since you know you were the one who did it!

I know a lot of people have been busy with RL so they haven't been able to nominate...or do anything else, really. That is TOTALLY FINE, since this is completely voluntary.

And frankly, everyone in the flag is awesome. You all rock.
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down