Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date

+2
Gremmels
Waterspout
6 posters

Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date

Post by Waterspout Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

I would like to schedule an event blockade at Meke for anyone that would like to receive some basic battle navigation training. This was moderately successful the last time I did it so I think with new officers in our growing and active flag that it might be time to offer it again.

I am looking for pirates interested in the training to reply to this forum with date or dates on up-coming weekends you would be free for an hour or so. This training is open to anyone in our flag, but if you know a hearty that would like some too, I'd be happy to include them. Please mention this forum to your flagmates in the game to see if any of them are interested in case they don't check the forums often.

If you would like to attend, at some point move a sloop of yours to Meke (or get access to a fellow crew-mates already there). I can chart to the island if you want to swabbie it, or even pillage out to Meke. My plan is for each of us to take in a sloop with 3 swabbies on board, but if you want to put one or two hearties on you may. There isn't going to be any pay though and navigators are responsible for the rum and shot for your sloop.

Topics to be covered:
1. Review navigator's control panel functions and basic moves, timing of moves
2. Might ring basics, pillage settings
2. Wind currents and effects on ships, timing of currents and whirlpools
3. Whirlpool navigation, some simple one and two move steps to get in and out of the pools
4. Basic combat principle of 'crossing the enemies T', in other words how to anticipate where the enemy ship is so that you can shoot at it and he can't shoot at you.

I'd like each person that signs up to have Skype up and running, and with me as a contact to be able to add them to the call on the day of the training. Alternatively, we can use the Otherworld teamspeak channel, depending on interest.

Here are some very useful links below that will really help your driving skills:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Battle_navigation
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/Seabattles.xhtml
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Whirlpool_tutorial
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Collision_mechanics

Also I use the Yohoho Puzzle Pirate Pillage Program to help me keep track of damage from shots, collisions, and hitting the edges and rocks to know when my or the enemy ship is maxed in damage. This third party tool is available at:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Yohoho_Puzzle_Pirate_Pillage_Program

Silverstache and I also have a vessel data flat file that includes Fanchuans we can provide to you.

Last edited by Waterspout on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update for a new training date)
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty Re: Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date

Post by Gremmels Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I would be interested in doing this. I'm pretty open for the next two weekends. After that I will be getting much busier.

duel

Gremmels

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty woo!

Post by Pacres Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

This sounds like a great idea =) I'll be sure to spread the word swashbuckle
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty Re: Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date

Post by Waterspout Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 pm

It looks like I will not be able to do much on the game from Sept 20-23rd, so the first full weekend I have is the 29th and 30th, as well as 6th/7th of October. If those dates don't work we can also shoot for a weekday, I don't need to do those 2 weeks in advance like I do weekends. Thoughts or comments?
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gremmels Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Maybe, maybe I could do the 29th or 30th, but probably not both days. The 6th and 7th are out for me. If we do a weekday, my vote is for a Tuesday. That is my only day off once my new show starts. Embarrassed

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:32 am

Lemme know when this is going to happen, Spout. It sounds like a great idea. I may tag along - we all know that my nav'ing sucks and I'm not even pretending that I'll actually NAV, but I'm interested in the other things you'll be covering, and even if I don't do it myself, I like to have the info on nav'ing when my crew asks.
Either weekend works for me (at this time......my busy schedule! *snort*) - maybe we can have the flag party/meeting after if people can make it.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Auzilla Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:11 am

I could make it if it is early enough. Maybe even Ry could 2, the only thing is I have to leave for work by 415 pm PPT. And I would love to be part of the party also....

Auz.

P.S. Watch out for Howee, he has been seen breaking into other crews SO threds. razz
Auzilla
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 am

**Howee blinks an' looks innocent**
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty Two proposed training times

Post by Waterspout Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 pm

I have two time options for you all to consider:

1. 11:00 AM this coming Saturday September 29th Pirate time (2PM Eastern). We would still be available to participate in a blockade should one arise.
2. 6:00 PM this coming Friday September 28th Pirate time (9PM Eastern) before the flag pillage/event.

The next opportunities would be Friday October 5th or Sunday the 7th.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Basic battle navigator training Opportunity - New Proposed Date Empty RE

Post by Pacres Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:10 am

6 PM works for me on that friday.
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:05 am

Either works for me. So far it looks like people will be available for the flag party (meeting in disguise) on the 29th - we might do best to try to plan one before the other to take advantage of people being on.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Looks like Friday the 28th at 6PM is best for most so I will hold one then. I'll try to schedule another for a weekend day earlier in the AM for the rest of you that expressed an interest. I will post a sloop-only, no-cannon blockade event for Friday at 6 PM. If you want to have your own sloop there, please see me or any senior officer if you need help charting to Meke.

You won't need CBs, but you will need rum on the sloop, a little should do maybe 10 for you and 3 swabbies for the 1 hour.

Please assemble at the dock before 6PM on Friday, particularly if you need any pointers on the battle navigation controls.

If you have any other questions see me in the game, or post them here.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I would like to propose either Saturday October 27th or 28th at 11:00 AM for the next training session at Meke. Please let me know if anyone is interested in either date or time! Thanks
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Either day works for me.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 am

I'm interested, and can pretty much get whatever off given a couple weeks notice.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gremmels Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 pm

I have no time for this during October. Sadly. Maybe November!

Gremm

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum