Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Do Somethin'!

+2
Wheelie
Howee
6 posters

Go down

Let's Do Somethin'! Empty Let's Do Somethin'!

Post by Howee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Seems that we've all kind o' lost some momentum here so......let's do somethin'!

I'm thinking that we should have some kind of flag event by the end of the month.

The ever-popular monkee boat is still something that lots o' mates are interested. There needs to be a wee bit o' research on this so we set it up correctly so as to actually get some monkees.

The idea o' a 12-hour CI has also been discussed. We'd need sloops, maps an' interested pirates. We were thinking about doing double-dips, porting and divying between each double-dip. We want to port and divy so that jobbers who want off will be paid promptly and so the booty won't be lost if there's a sink.

What do ye all think? I'm thinking the Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 30, as quite a few people will have the Friday before off of work and there will most likely be plenty o' left over snacks to sustain us.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Let's Do Somethin'! Empty Re: Let's Do Somethin'!

Post by Wheelie Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:25 am

I am definitely down for a 12 hour CI (obbbbviously). Any maps I get I already hand off to whoever from the flag is handy, for the few days before I could collect as many as possible. I am also willing to move my ships to wherever necessary and volunteer them for use. I could probably even buy/stock a sloop or three for use as well.

So long as I am not asked to drive. yarr 

Wheelie
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Thankee Wheeeeelie!

Depending on where the maps are located we may take you up on the offer of a ship. I'm thinking that the flag would pay for stock (although I haven't confirmed this with anyone).

My post said sloops, but if we have enough mates on at one time we may think about using a bigger boat (nothing that holds more than 12, unless we have a REALLY adventurous nav'r!).

It looks like a lot of people have read the post but only one has responded. Please post (at least) aye or nay so we can have an idea on if we have enough interested to move forward wit' this. Thankee!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 am

I am TOTALLY up for doing another brig CI. But only one entry at a time and no more than 2 or 3 leagues off an island. Or even a cutter run i'd be up for.

It's a great idea.

And instead of doing 2 full thrall entries before porting, it might work to do 2- 3 non thrall entries. But all depends on the naver and how many ci ships are out at once.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I am up for it! If you do a sign up similarly to what I've tried in the past for the marathon pillages you might get a better feel for attendance and ship size needed. My only concern would be to have enough maps available if we unfortunately sink more than expected.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 am

Yes, I want to have a sign-up sheet so we have an idea of how many will be there, ball part at least. We'll need a lot of maps, which is why I'd like to get people to respond so we can pinpoint a day.
I don't think we want to go too bid on the ship size. None of us have had much success with much bigger than a cutter (that I know of). We've taken boats in, I don't know that they've come out.
We've had people comment that they miss the double dips so we want to do a couple of those. If we watch the amount of time spent on getting thralls it goes better. Mupple and I usually keep it around half an hour and we tend to get full thralls.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

It's fine with me to stick sloops and cutters only ( since i've had 1 successful brig run out of 3 so far).

A half hour for thralling is good no matter how many you get. I try to keep it at a half hour to 45 minutes at most, or less if it's slow tokens and how many thralls we've gotten already.

I have missed the double dips but it's everyone's choice on what they want to do. And hopefully can start doing more of them again.
** there have been a few times i've wanted to do a second entry but due to the time or most of the jobbers having to go/ not enough time, i've ported. And not counting the few times i didn't want to risk what we got due to the board.

And for right now, I'm up for any day that works for everyone else.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 am

We were able to fight the monkey ship once, the Petulant Kumquat: Let's Do Somethin'! Puzzle11

And here are the monkeys we fought in the fruit-tossing rumble: Let's Do Somethin'! Puzzle13

But I forgot to capture our win...

But it was a lot of fun and we seem to have figured a method to make it work, at least most of the time. Thanks all for the fun.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:34 am

Here's the one from when there was only 1 left. I love how the spring green and banana one looks though.

Let's Do Somethin'! PuzzlePiratesMydarkangel33
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gremmels Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 am

Fine, you show-offs, figuring out how to post screen captures. razz 

Gremmels
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 am

posting screenies isn't hard. all you need is an image hosting site to upload pictures to, and then copy and paste the image tag onto the forums. ( i use photobucket but there's plenty of others out there to choose from too.)

** This can also be a learn something new or reminder to those who need it**
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 am

Google drive makes for a good hosting site as well if you don't want to bother with something else.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:48 pm

/me perks at the google drive option.

This didn't happen last weekend (obviously). I'm going to post a poll with dates to choose from so we can see when most people are available.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum