Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumless run

+2
Gelflord
Mydarkangel
6 posters

Go down

Rumless run Empty Rumless run

Post by Mydarkangel Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am

Come one, Come all to the Other side.

On a deep dark and stormy night, there stood a lonely pirate looking out to sea. Shivering from the ice cold rain and no place to go, they stood on the water's edge over looking a shipwreck outlined by the moon in the distance. Without knowing how much had passed, they turned around and went in search of warm place for the night.

After walking a ways, they came upon a house with a warm loving glow emitting from inside. Going up and knocking on the door, they waited and an old woman answered.

"How may I help you?" she asked.
"I am lost and without a home for the night. Can I come in to warm up and stay the night?" they asked through shivering lips and body.
"Of course you may," she said "I will also have a hot cooked meal for you"

Walking through the door when she moved back, you see that it is as if you have walked into a dream come true. You see furniture and breakables that a pirate can only dream of having.

She leads you into the parlor and has you sit on the sofa by the blazing fireplace. A few minutes after you are settled, she comes back bearing a tray filled with hot ham, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and a slice of lime pie.

She sits down across from you and wants to know all about what brought you to the island. You tell her that you cannot remember what happened but that it is important that you get back home.

Once your done eating and you're all nice and warm, she leads you up stairs to the best room she has. It is decorated with a for posted bed in the center of the right wall with a canopy fit for a king. She can tell your surprised by the room and tells you not to worry, she's happy to have you here. With a little help your clothes are off and climbing into bed. She turns around in the door way and tells you that she will see you in the morning and that your clothes will also be nice and clean.

Come morning, you wake up refreshed and wonder when the last time you slept that good was. Looking around the room, you see more pirate treasure's and your clothes neatly folded on a chair by the door. Getting up and walking over to them, you notice upon closer inspectiont hat they do not look like yous. But since you need clothes, you put them on anyways and find that they are almost an exact fit.

Wandering around the hallway until you find the stairs, you see even more treasure and valuable's sitting out. Finally you have made your way into the kitchen and see the woman sitting at the table waiting for you with a smile.

"Sit down and enjoy" she says.

While eating you ask about the clothes and she tells you not to worry, that they used to belong to someone she knew long ago. You don't ask anymore  on the subject and finish eating. Once done and having thanked her, you head out and back to the docks.

This is now the time that you realize that you have nothing and need to head out to sea to see what you can find.

“A pirate went out to the ocean, A pirate went out to the ocean, A pirate went out to the ocean to see what he can find.”

Any guesses yet?

Howee has agreed to be the naver for our rum less battle event. (titled Howee's rum less run or similar)
* Haven't decided on ship size yet ( up to a war brig?)
* MAIN goal is to get Howee and anyone else who doesn't have the hair of the dog trophy- to get it for them. And to have fun of course.
* Everyone has been waiting to see Howee nav and now here is our chance.
** Also need to decide on a day and time that would be good.
** Also, whole ocean event or flag and hearties only?

Can be decided on if you want to do tournaments and prizes to go along with it.
Let's discuss........................

Edit (what the plan is):

1.) This Will be a flag and hearties only event.
2.) Alt's are alright if you don't want the possibility of screwing up your stats.
3.) Planning for one day in August 2013

Last edited by Mydarkangel on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : finalizing imformation)
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Rumless run Empty Re: Rumless run

Post by Gelflord Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 pm

I say flag and hearties only - opening it to the ocean will only invite rude people who will complain about the navving and lack of rum. Or we could just have awesome XOs who plank those guys as soon as they say anything.

Shipsize will depend on how we want to do it, but maybe a longship? It's got four moves, lots of guns, and can still fight relatively small ships. Or we could just be ridiculous and go with a GF.

Maybe make extra challenges like 'first booch' or something would get prizes. When there's no rum on the vessel your puzzling doesn't count as much and (so I've heard) will put a damper on your stats, so why not just be intentionally bad? Thoughts?
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 am

A lot of pirates like to protect their puzzle ratings though, so rewarding losses probably wont be much of an incentive for people.
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 am

I'm offerin' to drive because it's goin' to be bad regardless, I might as well make it worse! :D

People who are worried about their stats can bring alts if they want (although, if we DO get enough battles to get the trophy, the trophy would be on their alt).

If we open it up to hearties, we probably won't have problems with rude comments at my sucktastic nav'ing. I'll put me earplugs in at the beginnin' o' the ride though, so's I don't hear the screams of the ones that get planked.

Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Flaggies and hearties it is. We could use a GF unless it's best to stick to something smaller. And Howee, you'll do fine.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 pm

I like it! And in the spirit of the 'adventure' I'll offer to sail, or even gun! You might be able to shoot one canon every other turn or so Howee!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 pm

If I have to....er....volunteer to drive, then ye gets to gun an' bilge, Spout! (I'll do fine? On a grand frig when I can't even drive a sloop?! Yer funny!)
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 am

I got the second vote on spout gunning.

Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Teshka Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Is this still being planned? It sounds like fun!

Teshka
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 pm

It is! We haven't looked at a date yet. Since this will take awhile (have to have 25 rumless battles for the trophy), I'm thinking we'll want to either hold it on a weekend day when there isn't a blockade or have it on two nights. A lot of flaggies are busy on Friday (which is designated "flag pilly" night) so Friday may not be the best night as we want to include as many as possible (and fill up a big ship!). Maybe two successive Thursdays?
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Wanted to see about waiting until after the sinking sloop event at Meke, but since there isn't a set day for that yet. We can plan both for within the same week or 2 week period? Thursdays are good or after any blockade's on the weekend.

Also, main post will be edited with all information.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:45 am

Since Spout's suggested doing a 12 hour pillage again in July.

Wait until August to do the rumless run? or does the weekend of June 22 or 29 work?
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 am

I'd say let's aim for August.  Maybe we can do some kind of "event" every 3-4 weeks.  (We've talked about it before...maybe we can actually DO it!)  yea
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 am

August it is. And it IS a good idea to try to do 1 or 2 events a months.
Mydarkangel
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

August sounds good! And I like the idea of a big event every month or so!  Hurrah!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum