Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bi-monthly Flag meetings

+5
Shopkeep
Howee
sexywater
Gaze
Pacres
9 posters

Go down

Bi-monthly Flag meetings Empty Bi-monthly Flag meetings

Post by Pacres Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Hoy Otherworld! A few days ago some members of the flag got together and decided it'd be a pretty swell idea for all of us to gather together every other month. That way we can cover various topics and have news updates, as well as answer any questions people may have about the direction the flag is going, or just questions about the game in general. Of course, the meetings will be optional since we know not every pirate will always make it, but at least 1 royal will always be there to answer questions. I propose these meetings take place on the first Friday of every other month. So the next meeting would be...*checks calender*... April 5th and the following meeting would be June 7th.

If anyone has any suggestions or questions about the meeting itself, please feel free to ask. toast
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Bi-monthly Flag meetings Empty Re: Bi-monthly Flag meetings

Post by Gaze Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 pm

I can never make it on Fridays, sorry sad

Gaze
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm

would fridays or saturdays work better for most people?
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by sexywater Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm down for either. pirat
sexywater
sexywater
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Thanks for posting this, Pac! I don't have set days that are "bad" for me so see what everyone says, and I'll do my best to be there!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shopkeep Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:38 am

I can't help but be a Saturday man myself~
Shopkeep
Shopkeep
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 am

I am available nearly all Fridays and Saturdays.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 pm

I can't tell you what life holds in store for me that far out. Whatever day works well for the bulk of folks probably has a better chance of working for me. I would suggest that it's important that we pick a day and time where it's easiest for captains to show up, because they are also a good source of answers. Captains should always be available for crew, but these meetings could be one place flagmates would have an opportunity to bump into other crew's captains in a forum that encouraged clear communication. Just an idea.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:30 pm

With all due respect, I don't know that having flag meetings just to ask questions will work well for me. I much prefer posting any question I have online. This gives people a chance to reflect and answer at their own speed and upon reflection. Also, placing this information in print is the best way to ensure consistency rather than placing anyone in a "he said" "she said" situation.

I'm not opposed to meeting or asking questions, but I'd rather spend my time pillaging and plundering and . . . did I mention CI? boatload

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:17 pm

I agree that the meetings should not be solely to ask questions. The forums are designed for people to post questions, and also the royals and officers are available in game and are more than happy to answer questions as they come up. Having said that, if there are questions or situations that need discussion and are too involved for the forums, these could be most likely best addressed in a meeting. Also, if questions are asked as they arise, people have the opportunity to research if needed. Questions are welcome at the flag meetings, however should not be held aside until the meeting happens.

Last edited by Howee on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some days Howee can't spell)
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Mupple wrote:With all due respect, I don't know that having flag meetings just to ask questions will work well for me. I much prefer posting any question I have online. This gives people a chance to reflect and answer at their own speed and upon reflection. Also, placing this information in print is the best way to ensure consistency rather than placing anyone in a "he said" "she said" situation.

I'm not opposed to meeting or asking questions, but I'd rather spend my time pillaging and plundering and . . . did I mention CI? boatload

That's why it's optional =)
and not everyone checks the forums. A clear example of that would be that we had 13 people online last night and I reminded everyone TWICE to check the forum and respond to this thread specifically. Yet, after I had posted the first reminder, only 3 more people posted, and after the second reminder, only 2 more responded. So it's evident to me that people arent always going to check the forum. A sad truth.
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

As I see it, the scheduled meetings should be for keeping folks not into the forums involved and informed, normal business is a forum thing, and emergency business is done however works, be it frenzied forum activity like the AoW Gaea blockade had, or emergency meetings, like the war dec by dirt road anthem had. As far as I can tell, forum use is officially mandatory, but this is a game so there isn't really such a thing as mandatory, nor should there be.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am

Forum use is encouraged but not required. We have some people who can't use it (some of the younger players, and I'm not sure if Water could access it when he was in China - I kind of think no?) and some people who have just never signed up. I check it more frequently since I'm monarch, but quite honestly hardly ever did before I became royal.

We had talked about a in-game "News Update" with synopsis of what's going on in the forums, I think we had said once a week. If this is consistant, those who can't or don't access the forums will at least have a snapshot of what's happening (and if it spikes their interest, they may wander over to the forums!).

The flag meeting will be to ensure that everyone is on the same page in general, to create piratey closeness and to address questions that haven't been resolved in the forums or in-game. The policy of "If you have a question, ask!" is still in effect. If you DON'T get an answer, don't assume that you're being ignored and ask again (a direct tell to the pirate in question should work!).

yea
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryston Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 am

Either day works for me, Friday or Saturday. Thursday is actually better for me, but that's neither here nor there. If I am available, I will be at a meeting whenever.
Ryston
Ryston
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down