Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

+8
isolus
Gremmels
Howee
AKGemini
Mydarkangel
Shaydi
Vari
Waterspout
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea Empty Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Waterspout Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

I'd like to use this forum topic to get ideas from the flags and crews on what king of in-game events you are interested in that we could run from Gaea and or Meke.

My ideas haven't gone over well, so I'd like to hear from all of you on what you like to do in the game and how we can make a fun and interesting event out of it.

Thanks for your feedback.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Pacres Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Pillage from point A to point B, whoever gets there with most loot pillied(vessel logs will be checked) wins! all proceeds go toward restocking and to flag fund. first place gets a prize with some poe- second place gets some poe - and 3rd place gets a consolation prize =)
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea Empty Re: Solicitation for event ideas for Flag and crew events at Meke or Gaea

Post by Vari Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Half formed idea, but there's no way to enforce an event with a solo, no swabbies rule is there? :) Maybe we can do a solo, swabbie allowed run and whoever can solo a MB from Park to Meke and lose the least stone of a starting 100 wins. :) Park-Meke is probably too short a run for that to mean anything, maybe we could move a bunch of stone to Oyster to begin with.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 am

There's no easy mechanic to enforce a no swabbies onboard rule. Because they don't show up if you do a /who on the ship

You could try it in an event blockade where people can't join the vessel.

Some ideas I like

2v2 PVP in sloops
Race from island to island

I like the pillage from island to island.
There was a Blackjack Sloops event where the players had to get close to 21k in the booty without going over.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 pm

These ideas sound like fun.

I've been toying with an idea also that may be fun to do either as a flag or ocean-wide. One night a bunch of us went out searching for the monkey ship. If we set up 2 points (say for Example Spring to Hephaestus), sloops only and supply a load of pineapples to participants (which then can be a consolation prize for all the losers). By pillying your way between two islands, the winner is the first sloop that gets to fight the monkey ship and the 2nd place goes to the sloop that was dismissed from the monkey fight. Would be lots of pvp action trying to spawn the monkey boat.

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Rhodanite is always talking about monkey ship runs. She might have thoughts if we wanted to pick her brain.
Vari
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Still like and want to do a monkey ship run, I'll work on specifics and see what I can come up with before proposing it for consideration.

Another idea? Has anyone done a scavenger hunt? I'd love to see how it would/could work so please share your experiences.
(Generic pilly like blood, BK trinket. Atlantis or CI looking for certain trinkets traded at the end of the event - teams could be crews. Like whoever gets the most treasure chests, or starfish, etc. Or assign points for certain ones) Just thinking out loud here Bounce

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaydi Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Oceanwide event
How about a sinking event off Meke? Make it sloops only and have a couple of flaggies driving around with a heep of poe on their ships? If you make it interesting enough people will swabby ships to Meke and stock at the island generating enough profit to at least pay for the event. I'm sure there would be enough people in flag willing to donate a sloop and throw in some poe, making all cb/rum sales a profit for the flag.

Event Details

SINK MY SLOOP
1 Round
Sinking/Sloops only/Alliances turned off

3 Otherworld Sloops enter the board with different amounts of poe aboard.
Sloop 1 - 10k
Sloop 2 - 20k
Sloop 3 - 100k

If the flag can afford more poe then even better, i would be willing to donate 50k extra at least.

I've run a similar event to this before and it was alot of fun. People love TH and Sinking events.

The reason i suggest Meke is because it's an Outpost and so 100% stock purchased goes to the flag, just make sure the island is stocked up before the event.

In Flag event

PvP Tournament

Using Game Gardens - www.gamegardens.com.au

For those who aren't familiar with game gardens, it is a 3rd party bnav sim. It is the most basic of basic bnav sims you will ever use but it is fast and doesnt lag like Cade Sim does.

Basically for the event if you wanted to do it i could run it for you. I would need a Royal to post news in the flag saying that for people to enter they must log on and register in the flag forum. This is also a good way to get people using the forums more too.
The tourny would run like any randomly seeded tourny with 3rd place playoff.

Entry Fee 2k (im really not sure what the going income is for a normal pirate over here)

Prizes (if i run it ill put up the prizes)
All entry fees get given back to the flag and i will just donate items to use as prizes.

So obviously the flag event isnt a big money maker, but it is fun : ) I also think it is a great way for people to practice their bnav skills and in a safe non serious environment.
Shaydi
Shaydi
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I like both these ideas Shaydi! And I'd be happy to contribute POE towards the Meke event.
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Oceanwide event
How about a sinking event off Meke? Make it sloops only and have a couple of flaggies driving around with a heep of poe on their ships? If you make it interesting enough people will swabby ships to Meke and stock at the island generating enough profit to at least pay for the event. I'm sure there would be enough people in flag willing to donate a sloop and throw in some poe, making all cb/rum sales a profit for the flag.

Event Details

SINK MY SLOOP
1 Round
Sinking/Sloops only/Alliances turned off

3 Otherworld Sloops enter the board with different amounts of poe aboard.
Sloop 1 - 10k
Sloop 2 - 20k
Sloop 3 - 100k

I really think this would be a fun event. I have a few questions though (asking because I have no clue).
1) If Otherworld has 3 sloops in the event and others bring 20 sloops to sink our 3, who gets to haul the treasure? Can more than one sloop haul the treasure at one time? Do they fight over it and end up sinking each other?
2) Do the Otherworld sloops shoot back and try to evade the enemy?
3) Is there a limit to the number of sloops that can be on one board at a time?
4) Can there be a 5k entry fee per sloop? (let's make some poez cool )
5) We also need to do a disclaimer that in the event Otherworld is "dropped upon" the event would be postponed??
Stay with me, I'm on a roll . . . lolz
6) Do we have a flag artist? I know Pixel has done some things, but wasn't sure and would volunteer Raz who also does some art if needed yea

General Thoughts
I would think this would be a popular event and would recommend additional sloops to be a little more proportionate. 1 sloop per 10 entries doesn't seem like a lot of incentive to come out.

If Otherworld shoots back, this could make it some awesome practice in bnav for some of our members yea

We have had some tremendous success with flag events lately and I love the idea of keeping the momentum going.

I personally will donate the sloops for this event (between 5-10 is what I can afford right now).

Bounce Sorry to babble on but I always talk a lot when excited about a pirate event yea

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 pm

I'll take a stab at some answers!

Mupple wrote:I really think this would be a fun event. I have a few questions though (asking because I have no clue).
1) If Otherworld has 3 sloops in the event and others bring 20 sloops to sink our 3, who gets to haul the treasure? Can more than one sloop haul the treasure at one time? Do they fight over it and end up sinking each other?

I think this is indeed the fun of it, sloops sinking sloops with POE and attempting to haul them, only to be sunk in turn and hauled again. Rinse, repeat!

Mupple wrote:2) Do the Otherworld sloops shoot back and try to evade the enemy?

I believe playing hard-to-sink is also part of the fun!

Mupple wrote:3) Is there a limit to the number of sloops that can be on one board at a time?

I don't believe there is any game limit to number of ships, nor a way to set that when an event is set up.

Mupple wrote:4) Can there be a 5k entry fee per sloop? (let's make some poez cool )

I don't think you can mandate an entrance fee for anyone to enter an event board. Our 'fee' is them buying stock from the fort/IM.

Mupple wrote:5) We also need to do a disclaimer that in the event Otherworld is "dropped upon" the event would be postponed??

Event blockades have to be scheduled in advance, and no one can pick an event blockade time to attack Meke.

Mupple wrote:Stay with me, I'm on a roll . . . lolz
6) Do we have a flag artist? I know Pixel has done some things, but wasn't sure and would volunteer Raz who also does some art if needed yea

AKGemini has also contributed artwork in the past, but he has been away from the game a bit, I think anyone in the flag that would like to contribute art should do so, and let the flag pick from a host of creative entries.

Hope this helps Mupple! The offer to donate the three sloops is nice of you too. The more I think about it, I believe this kind of event should be the next one we run. We need the Governor to weigh in with his thoughts too, as well as to set up the event blockade.

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

If we decide more Otherworld Sloops - I will donate 5-10 ships. May be interesting to follow up or lead with tournaments? Or is that overkill? I was thinking that I could donate sloop ship repair for a tourney prize lolz.

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaydi Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

I think everything was aswered almost the way i would have answered those questions : )

I would suggest making the event cade 4 rounds but having the actual event in Round 3 so that there is the extra 1hour to TH. Last time i did this event it took longer then expected and the 1hour break time came in handy to finish off sinking ships and Hauling treasure.

Deffinantly no limits on how many ships people take in, the more the better! Also, as it was said by Spout, it is really hard to ask for an entry fee for event blockades as here really isnt anyway to Police it. People are going to lose their sloops and so they are already risking a fair cost.

As far as having more Otherworld sloops on the board? I cant see any reason why not. You could have a couple of sloops that only have 50poe in the hold kinda like a booby prize. I suggest maybe rebuilding the sloops after they are sunk and posting the hold records after the event to show that we really did add the amounts of PoE that are advertised.

I like the idea of the lead up tourny's. If we make the actually sloop masacre in round 3 that will give people a couple rounds to organise themselves wth jobbers etc.

With the worry about the Island being dropped on? The only time an Event would prevent someone from dropping is if we wanted the event to be on a weekend within the drop window time. Having it in the drop time is a pain because you will need to schedual 2 weeks in advance for it to be allowed. Friday night isnt a bad time?

Have you guys thought of making Meke an official event blockade Island ? Announcing to the Ocean that you are going to run frequent fun events at Meke could be a nice deterent for being blockaded. I have a kabillion event blockade ideas i don't mind sharing <3
Shaydi
Shaydi
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I like the ideas and think we need to start actually PLANNING one. The sloop-sink at Meke sounds good for an ocean-wide event, and it looks like you all have already thought out most of the kinks.

For a flag event, I LOVE the idea of the monkee ship. If we can try it out a few times with the flag and figure out all the logistics of it, possibly we can then turn it into an ocean event? That might be too much - I'm kind of piffling. Flag event - YES and soon! I know Marmee, Mupple, Pac and a few others have all talked about it. There has to be information on it out there!
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I scheduled an event blockade for Meke on the 20th of this month at 7:00 PM pirate time. Lets do the sloop sinking one =P
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:21 pm

I propose we get someone to generate some event art for the sloop event at Meke, and make a posting in the YPP event forums. I'll mention during flag pillage tonight.
yea
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Mupple wrote:
3) Is there a limit to the number of sloops that can be on one board at a time?

At one point there was a blockade where the goal was to fill every square of the blockade board with ships. It was done. So the number of squares on the board is a limit but only until some sink.
Silverstache
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 am

Stache WOULD know something like that =P

Do we know of anyone who can create a halfway decent event art? I could work on the forum post sometime soon for it too
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

1) Can we make a separate sticky regarding this?
2) Is there a committee to work up who is doing what?
3) If this starts at 7:00 pirate time, how long will it last...will there be tournaments?

I promised donation of up to 5 sloops for the event. Will we be using them? If so, I should probably get to making them. yea

Thanks study

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

1) I'm sure we could make a sticky but I don't think people can post to the sticky so this thread may be the route to take for ideas.
2) There isn't a committee at this time. Would the concensus be that we need one? Or are people comfortable posting here if/when they have ideas/input?
3) I don't know that we have discussed a time. 7:00 pirate time may be late for some who want to participate, possibly we could start at 6:00 pirate time? I think tourneys would depend on what the event was and if we need to hold jobbers interest while we load.

Yes, get to work! drink
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 pm

I'll change the time to 6:00 PM pirate time. Would anyone like to make an outline of the YPP forum post we would be using to announce the event?
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Diver's Down, Rum Goblins, Night Owls, and a combination crew of Mad Mutineers and Loose Canons brought in sloops for the Meke event last night, later Shaydi and Spearhalk brought in sloops solo.

The first four sloops all had 7 pirates on board and I personally had fun shooting at everyone, but I also noticed right away none of us were going to sink. Only in the second round when I joined Spear with a crew of five did we sink! So based on the experience of last night here are some thoughts I wanted to run by folks for the eventual full scale sink/haul event we want to do.

1. Last night event had sloops, dhows, and cutters eligible, I think we should limit it to just sloops.

2. I think we should limit occupancy of the sloops we bring in to be sunk to 4 or 5 bodies only; we want these sloops to be sunk after all for folks to start hauling. That will make other sloops, even with seven on board, vulnerable to be sunk. We should limit it to four especially if we do the 3rd round only to limit hauling to the end of the round (one of the strategies Shaydi suggested in previous posts).

3. However, I don't see any reason that once 2 or more of the sloops are sunk we bring in one more sloop with 7 on board to play in the fun. If we do allow this I would suggest that all POE hauled be donated back to the flag.

4. I think we should plan on the staffing for the three sloops before hand, and the first sloop sunk providing driver for the fourth sloop. It was nice to learn that you could post blockade job for events, but we don't plan on needing a lot of bodies on our ships for this event. I think we should keep it in house, the goal is to get a bunch of folks to come to Meke and buy stock from us after all, and to have fun. I suppose we could have a blockade job posted to a large ship to get folks to come to the island where the could be recruited by other drivers. We should make the segment pay small if this is to be the case.

5. Speaking of Stock, I transferred 2K small CB from the Gar to the fort to provide stock for last night, there was little available. I figured we can easily replace this from external needs if someone attacks Meke this weekend. But I think we will need more CB and rum for the real event. I bought 200 Cbs from the fort for last night and used 150 of them. What if 20 sloops showed up all wanting 200 canon balls (that is 4K Cbs!)? I think we should get small CBs from all in flag IMs (Sinners, Staches, others?) to make CBs and ship them to Meke over the next week or so.

6. The event was scheduled for an evening mid-week and on our skype call we had some discussion on this. Weekends might have better availability for most flag members, but the weekends can be busy with blockades. But most blockades occur around noon on Saturday. So we could consider having the event Saturday morning before blockades start (this would be more convenient for Euro players, but less for the US west coast, Pacific Rim players). Saturday evening pirate time is usually also blockade free, and the time mid-week most of us play but this falls in the blockade window and would need to be scheduled 2 weeks in advance. Sunday afternoon, evening after the blockade window closes is also an option, but I would avoid Sunday AM. I had a lot of hearties that couldn't come to help us defend Gaea because they were busy Sunday morning.

Lastly I had an idea for event art that I'd like to propose to the Flag for event art and see if Raz or Pixie could help us with: I was thinking of a sea-battle like theme that had two sloops in the foreground shooting at each other, with teeny pirate figures shaking their fists at each other. In the background would be one sunk sloop with only the mast sticking out of the water and two pirates clinging to it. Lastly a third would be pulling treasure chests out of the water. Just a thought!

Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacres Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Since you were in the same flag, i believe you take half damage from eachother too? The IM on meke has stock on it and i can make some orders for more small shot, I'll just need some people to temporarily takes jobs there so we can pump some out =)
Pacres
Pacres
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Spout - I like the art ideas. I know we have people in the flag who do art but don't know how often they check the forums. I plan on posting the first in-game "News" post with the forums highlights tonight or tomorrow - hopefully this will either draw them to the posts or they will ask someone who's been in the forums about it.

With the job offer being up last night on the board, we got no direct job requests, and I only got one tell from a player asking if we were still hiring later in round two. The hearties that came to play all told me they had a great time and really enjoyed it - for the next event we can possibly hearty-spam starting a week in advance, as well as the post in the forums.

Pac - where is you IM? I'll put an alt on labor.
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mupple Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay, in my pushy pirate way swashbuckle I am willing to organize this event. It was a ton of fun last night and I'm looking forward to a good time. If I'm stepping out of line, let me know and someone else is more than welcome to handle the arrangements. (Thank you for letting me work on my OCD-lolz)

I'm going to dole out assignments:

Pacres - game specifics (announcing blockade, posting job notices, set pay at 0?) all the technical aspects of getting us into the blockade (cause I have no clue)

Vari - determine needs for CBs and rum at Meke and ensure we have an adequate supply.

Razuzu - I'm not sure Pixel is still with us? If she is and wants to do art, that is great. I will pass along Spout's idea to Raz and see what we can have.

Mupple - I will prepare the notice to be posted on the forums. (I'll be sure to post here so that we all have input). For those interested in driving (need 5), please volunteer in this thread or let me know online. I would like to do a little bio to put in the announcement. Maybe a "wanted poster"

Mupple/Razuzu - we will donate 5 sloops for use in the event. Stache, if you want to donate a sloop or two let me know, but I'll plan on the 5.

All Otherworld - we would love monetary donations so that the flag does not have to spend anything. Please consider giving a donation toward this event. All poe collected will be placed as the bounty on each of the ships. If we collect 100,000 we divvy it out between 5 boats (and or use for tournament prizes if we get lotz and lotz of poez). If you have "stuff" laying around and you want to donate for tournament prizes, we can do that also. Donations should be made to a royal please and will the royal let me know when a donation was made so that we can announce prizes/bounties.

All Otherworld - it would be nice to hold a number of tournaments encouraging people to look for the event....leading up to the event. Does anyone (or more than one) want to organize a few tournaments to get the word out? I'm thinking of a sloop rebuild after the event as a prize. Would be kind of funny.

Basics:
- Limited to sloops
- Otherworld will have 5 sloops. If a boat is sunk, that crew can rejoin as a participant. (I think anyone that sinks can go back in if they want)
- Limit of 5 flaggies on each of the 5 sloops.
- Encourage people to bring more than one sloop.

Any other ideas? Now's the time yea

Mupple

Mupple
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next