So How did you come up with your Username?

Go down

So How did you come up with your Username?

Post by Vorusti on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 am

I always wondered this when i log on and meet new hearties, crewbies and flaggies. Why did this pirate choose this name? Whats the story behind it?

Well, I'll share mine. It all stated about four years ago with an Adoptable Site called Valenth and a name generator, which resulted in this adorable little guy white dragon and so began the epic tale of Vorusti. Many of the pets I had on this site i used for usernames, But Vorusti, Vorusti stuck with me like a thick hearty stew that sticks to yer ribs for a few days. I then used the name on MyBrute, the random avatar brute generator produced a short white haired, tanned and blue eyed toon. I grew fond of this form for the Vorusti legacy and then went on to tinierMe, at this time i got into another Hobby, the creepy yet artfully satisfactory hobby of Asian ball jointed dolls that one gets into when one has a paycheck to afford it and too much time on yer hands. I bought one of these dolls, a tan Dollzone Mo-3, as I was waiting the 5 months for I rediscovered Puzzle Pirates. I originally found the game back in 2004 when i played neopets. Being frustrated by the very WoW mentality that the korean MMORPG Ragnarok online had I came back to YPP happily and recruited by the Mad Mutineers a month after joining. The Green has stuck with Vorusti since then, in both game and in resin form.

And thus ends the epic tale of how Vorusti came to be, from adorable wittle white dragon thing to beloved pirate, fleet officer and look out for the crew the Mad Mutineers and secondary Pea shooter after Howee in the Otherworld.

Vorusti tips his finely feathered hat as he finishes penning his tale from the awkward third person as his feminine side shines through
Vorusti
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Re: So How did you come up with your Username?

Post by Dagger on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:58 am

My story will be short:
Booful was a nickname given to me to abbreviate *beautiful* She was my first pirate I created on Midnight
When Cobalt was created I have already established myself as a deadly SF'er with the skull dagger being my weapon of choice...so the name Dagger came from my love for SF and my deadly weapon.
now all my names are derivatives from those names...(my names are however limited to YPP), except Booful has moved into other things as identifying usernames.

The end.
Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

My name comes from my passion and profession, meteorology. Growing up in California (with its benign weather) I looked forward to visiting family in Wisconsin (with real weather) and the exciting thunderstorms that occur nearly every evening in the summertime.

My first choice, Tornado, was not available so I thought I'd try the second which is the name for a tornado over water: Waterspout. It was free and I happily use it! My alt names also play on meteorological/oceanographic themes but with slight variations, Hurikane and Maalstrom.
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkangel on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Arkangel - I don't remember why I decided to spell it this way, I've been using the name for about ten years now in various places though oddly enough I rarely use it anymore. It comes from my having an interest in angelic lore. I think I was aiming for a more phonetic spelling than Archangel, or else Archangel wasn't available. Or something.

My only other alt currently on the seas is Djibril which is also an angelic name - it's the Islamic pronunciation of Gabriel.

Arkangel
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Well, as some of you may recognize, a Gelfling is a mythical creature featured in the movie "the Dark Crystal", a Jim Hensen film about oneness. I traipsed through online games with the names Gelflings, Gelfking, and finally Gelflord as well until one day my character wasn't just passing through. So Gelflord stuck.

Now, of course, I rhyme with names such as Gelfjord and Gelfgourd for alts yea

Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Naming online identities after our pets was passed down to me from my mother. Shortly before I started playing YPP, I adopted a rescued dog named Marmie. As I love being a mother, and because of my pet's name, Marmy I became.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Vari_Midnight is my username on Minecraft because of the character I play on this MMOArrPG called YoHoHo...

Oh, my pirate's name? I just borrowed it from a character I played briefly in a friend's tabletop RPG. I picked the name after asking him a little about the phonetics of the local in-game language. Yeah, I was lazy.

My alt (and for a while my main) Sy is thus named because it was an available *TWO LETTER NAME*! I mean, how cool is that?

Hey Marmy! The Owl's first captain, Marble, named herself after her dog too. Are you lying and really live in Singapore?
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Location : The Gulf of Maine ('twixt Cape Cod an' the Bay o' Fundy)

http://danabaguley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 am

Arkangel wrote:Arkangel - I don't remember why I decided to spell it this way, I've been using the name for about ten years now in various places though oddly enough I rarely use it anymore. It comes from my having an interest in angelic lore. I think I was aiming for a more phonetic spelling than Archangel, or else Archangel wasn't available. Or something.

If you spelt it the right way you couldn't have been Parkangel when ye were governor of Park.
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 am

My usual user name is PracticalMustache or Practicalm depending on how many characters allowed in the username. This comes from when I was working at THQ when I was being hired I was "The Mustache Guy". When I heard about that I said that I wasn't just a mustache guy I was a "The Practical Mustache Guy" because as a project manager/game producer I've always been practical. I used PracticalMustache or PracticalM while we were playing games in the office.

So I didn't like PracticalM as a pirate name because it wasn't piratey enough. Goldenstache was taken but Silverstache was not. Thus Silverstache was called into being. I don't know what metal I would have gone with if Silverstache had been taken. Copper / Lead / Bronze / Aluminum / ????

Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

Silverstache wrote:My usual user name is PracticalMustache or Practicalm depending on how many characters allowed in the username. This comes from when I was working at THQ when I was being hired I was "The Mustache Guy". When I heard about that I said that I wasn't just a mustache guy I was a "The Practical Mustache Guy" because as a project manager/game producer I've always been practical. I used PracticalMustache or PracticalM while we were playing games in the office.

So I didn't like PracticalM as a pirate name because it wasn't piratey enough. Goldenstache was taken but Silverstache was not. Thus Silverstache was called into being. I don't know what metal I would have gone with if Silverstache had been taken. Copper / Lead / Bronze / Aluminum / ????

I always figured your mustache was silver due to your being an old salt experienced in the ways of the sea. Now I know that it's just tarnished, or do you polish it a lot?
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Auzilla on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 am

Well mine is simple. My oldest son is Auston. My little sister gave him the nick name Auzilla when he was 9 months old. That nic name stuck we still call him Auzilla or zill. So their ye have it, I am Auztilla because of my oldest son.

Auz
Auzilla
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:11 am

I named my pirate after my love of music and reading. Below is the link for the first book in the series I was reading at the time I started naming myself online. And below that is the wiki definition for Rhapsody (which I tend to be without structure and have highly contrasted moods ;-p ). I don't care for how it looks with the O, so I replaced it with another A. Thus I am now Rhapsady.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhapsody:_Child_of_Blood

A rhapsody in music is a one-movement work that is episodic yet integrated, free-flowing in structure, featuring a range of highly contrasted moods, colour and tonality. An air of spontaneous inspiration and a sense of improvisation make it freer in form than a set of variations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahemian on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 am

At the time I made Bahemian as a joke since I had just started talking to Rhapsady more often. After I told her of my idea for a alt she had said it had to go into LC, and so, I joined them. Being in Otherworld was so much fun though so I decided to stay there permanately and Bahemian has became more of a main character that I play on now. The reason my pirates name is spelled with 2 A's instead of a O's is for 2 reasons. 1, Rhapsady's name has 2 A's and secondly, Bohemian was taken. Sadly, only about 10 people have commented on us being Bahemian Rhapsady together. I had hoped more people would get a laugh out of it.

Bahemian
Greenie
Greenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstache on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Apparently

no one can see. but they might let you go.
Silverstache
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorusti on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 am

Im at Chillhowee highschool watching my boyfriends netphues football game, I was wondering what Howee's name story toast
Vorusti
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:51 am

I'm guessing Howee just instinctively picked the most awesomeist name evah.

Dance like there's nobody watching
Love like you'll never be hurt
Sing like there's nobody listening
Take their booty like it's already yers.
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryston on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Almost home from the vacation from hell and I decided to log on to the forums and saw all the posts and instantly started smiling as I read them. Thanks for making me smile everyone. Since Auzilla was taken and I am terrible at thinking of names (it took me a month to pick out a cats name once), I decided to play with auz's and I's sons names combined. The 7 year old is Auston, and the four year old is Ryon. Hence, Ryston was made. Ironically, it's the only thing I would ever get for a tattoo! yea after my kids of course, not the pirate. Or so I would tell my boys!
Ryston
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydarkangel on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:19 am

This has made me remember about a few times anyone has asked about my name. And that when I saw Gelf's name for the first time it reminded me of the dark crystal and had to ask him to make sure.

So why this name:

Originally it was not mda. It was a shortened version of a friend's name on wow.
Only played for about a week using that name before quitting for a few months.

Once I was back I needed a new name and Darkangel was already taken on viridian (did actually get darkangel when malachite was just open.)

- Why i put My in front of it.. i was trying to figure out a name that would work and it went through. And at times i have thought why did i choose this name. But it's stuck and no matter how many alts i have i'm always back to the original.

- Why would i want Darkangel-- it seemed to fit me and had wanted to use angel as a name.
Mydarkangel
Swabby
Swabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 am

So seven or eight years ago, eight years ago if I remembers right, a belonedly liddle Howee's typist was sitting at her computer. She'd just moved to Oregon an' din't have any friends or know anyone yet. There was no one in the chatroom that she went into sometimes, so she decided to look fer a new game to play. Likin' the match-three kind o' games, that were what she was lookin' fer.

She came across a game called "Puzzle Pirates". The page showed some games that looked just likes what she were lookin' fer, an' it said ye could play fer FREE. So she hit the "download" button an' waited. An hour or so later (she were on dial-up) a window popped up that said, "Make yer pirate!". There were an option fer a boy pirate or a girl pirate. Bein' o' the practical sort (at times) she thought, girl pirates were rare an' not often seen, an' most o' them disguised themselves as boys. Plus, at the time, the girl outfits were well, lame. So she thought she'd make a wee boy pirate.

When she were done makin' him up, she thought he were the cutest liddle thing she'd seen. But to name him.......her screen name was usually Kestrle (spelled that way because Kestrel were taken) after the smallest bird o' prey. That wasn't a really good piratee name, an' din't suit her wee boy pirate. "Howie" came to mind (fer no particular reason) but when she typed it in, it were taken. So rather than think of another name, she typed in "Howee" an' low! I came into bein'.

So's then she wants to play the games....when the game opens up after I were born, I were on a ship an' an old salt starts tellin' me how to play the games. Kind o' cool, me typist thinks. So she puzzles a wee bit, then I gets washed ashore. I's standin' on the dock tryin' to figure out how to get back to a game, an' someone says "Hey Howee! Want to come on a pillage wi' us?" Bein' practical, as I said, me typist thinks that it's an automated type o' thin', part o' the game. I kind o' agreed, so's I din't answer. Then they said, "Hey Howee, I'm talkin' to you!" an' me typist realized that mayhap another person were typin' fer their pirate. (She may be practical, but not always quick an' doesn't always read things through.....likes where it says "sail the high seas wi' yer hearties!" I likes her anyway.....)

So's I learned how to sail an' bilge an' carp, an' got invited to join a crew. Fer abouts 10 days it were grand (although me feets were freezin' the whole time). Me crewmates wanted me to sign up so's I could get some warm socks, but me typist were broke. Then on day 11 I went to sail an' the game said that I were in jail until she paid up. Bein' that she wanted to play, she made me an identical twin named....Howeee. We went on doin' this every 10 days. Howeee, Howeeee an' Houghie (the game balked at Howeeeee an' said it had to many letters in a row...psh), plus a few more different spellin's came an' went, then she had the PoE's to bail me out o' jail an' I got GYM SOCKS an' me feets have only been cold once since.

The End

Last edited by Howee on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : we gots to spell things write)
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vari on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Howee wrote:Howeee, Howeeee an' Houghie (the game balked at Howeeeee an' said it had to many letters in a row...psh), plus a few more different spellin's came an' went

I think I remember Houghie. Nice kid, I thought. I might be confused though, we were both barely out of diapers at the time.

Dance like there's nobody watching
Love like you'll never be hurt
Sing like there's nobody listening
Take their booty like it's already yers.
Vari
Pirate
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Vari wrote: I think I remember Houghie. Nice kid, I thought. I might be confused though, we were both barely out of diapers at the time.

Could have been, Vari......Houghie were only around fer 10 days. He did have blue feet, an' yell "Spoooon!" before every battle though. duel
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down