God, Sink the Queen!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

God, Sink the Queen!

Post by AKGemini on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 am

Otherworld will be hosting an event blockade June 30th.

The theme will be:

God, Sink the Queen

Touring the new home of Flag Otherworld, Queen Marmy proclaims a holiday for the denizens of Gaea Island. Greeting the citizens at the docks, she steps up on to the deck of the Royal Fanchuan, and turns to wave at the crowd.

With the sun shining, cheers ring out through the gathered people, each raising mugs of rum in toast to the monarch.

Resting herself upon the deck, winds dance through the sails, and take the ship out to the harbor, the perfect day for a Royal sail.

But...

On the horizon, several other sails dance in the winds as well. Sloops span the blue line of sky meeting sea, flying the flags of Pirates...

Have they come to celebrate with Otherworld...? Or are they here to sink the Queen...?

Sensing the tension of her crew at the sight of the incoming ships, Marmy yells, 'Load the guns! It seems we find our pleasure at swordpoint, Mates, so lets give them a celebration they will never forget!' Cheers break the silence upon the deck of the Royal Fanchuan, as the flag of Otherworld is raised to dance in the wind.

Rules:
- Marmy and her crew of Otherworldy minions will be on a fanchuan, sailing about the blockade board to celebrate their Queen and her home of Gaea Island.
- Participants will each drive sloops of their own crew, and work to sink the Royal Fanchuan on its voyage.
- Maneuvers are allowed.
- Anyone using a ship other than a sloop will be disqualified.
- Whoever fires the shot that sinks the fanchuan will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the Flag Royals will decide on the first place winner.
- Both sides are allowed to fire shots.
-For first place, only the sinking shot decides the winner, so it is in everyone's interest to work together, but to ensure the final shot is their own.
-Two other prizes will be awarded for Honorable Mention (chosen by Marmy), and Fan Favorite (to be chosen by the forums)
- Participants can re-enter as many times as they like.

Prizes will be determined before Friday, June 15th, when this post moves to the YPP forums.

Should you have any questions or anything to add, please post it here.

'Pfft. I don't worry about memming. I have a Marmy.'
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Re: God, Sink the Queen!

Post by Gelflord on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

How many crew will the Queen have on her Royal Fanchuan?

How many crew are we allowed to have on the sloops? If we have more than one, will the prizes be something that can be easily divvied between crewmates?

Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 pm

AKGemini wrote:
- Participants can re-enter as many times as they like.
doh

I'd like to limit this. They could bring in several ships, come in close and blast, then leave us with damage when sunk and bring in another ship. I'd like participants to register and limit one ship per participant. The referee could /w, to make sure registered participant is driving. That would still allow a crew to bring in another ship, just has to have a different driver.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

what about jobbing at least the navvers of all participating ships to the war crew - that way you can control who goes in and when to start shooting. also maybe having a first prize, but getting all names who participated and divvying the prizes as a draw by names (that way all have a equal chance to win and we dont have to make 7 copies of each prize for winning ships!) Another idea (not sure what the prizes are exactly) but maybe making the first prize a portrait with the queen? or something like that? another thing could be to limit ships to load only a max of 3 people (even two) and bots...(I was in a similar event earlier this year and we were limited to two per sloop - was called bumper sloops in a flot ~.^) http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=179469 Anyways this sounds fun :D cant wait to help marmy shoot holes in all of you :p (oh and working on some art now...hopefully ill get it done in time ^_^)
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Started the art: this is my idea so far (just a quick sketch will prolly edit more alter )
any suggestions/changes let me know as this is my first event art... yea
~Dagger
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Wow Dagger! that is so Great! Can I have my Greys with Maroon and a patch and a hook and a peg? This is going to be my new Avatar! I'll pay you going rates :D. I really love it!

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Very nice art Dagger, I like it too, about all I might suggest adding is a few sunrise-lit clouds for the background!

Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 pm

The art looks great, Dagger!

I'll respond to the other comments when I'm at home, lol, otherwise I'll be texting everything on the munchkin sized keyboard on my blackberry.

I'm glad we have this week to get all this sorted. :D

I wish all blockades gave 3 weeks to prepare.

toast

AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 am

Marmy wrote:Wow Dagger! that is so Great! Can I have my Greys with Maroon and a patch and a hook and a peg? This is going to be my new Avatar! I'll pay you going rates :D. I really love it!
I'll make a similar avatar with you (after my return from vacation so i can spend more time on it ~.^) Not sure if I can add a hook, but will add the rest for now,reason i used green for this one is it shows off nicely against the background (will add clouds water ~.^ like i said this was a quick sketch so far) plus green = representative of gaea (mother earth) Will wrk on it more tonight or tomorrow now time to do some chores >.<
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:17 am

Dagger wrote:used green for this one is it shows off nicely against the background (will add clouds water ~.^ like i said this was a quick sketch so far) plus green = representative of gaea (mother earth)

How about make the gradient gray in the middle to green? I think I need to change my color to Gaea Green.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:09 am

Ok, finally have a person sized keyboard.

yea

Gelflord:
How many crew will the Queen have on her Royal Fanchuan?
How many crew are we allowed to have on the sloops?
If we have more than one, will the prizes be something that can be easily divvied between crewmates?

I am hoping to fully staff the fanchuan to promote people working together to sink us. Crew would be Otherworlders. Several have stepped forward to help us out, and protect Marmy. I will be there as well, unless we decide a ref is absolutely necessary. Because it will be a handful of ships vs a single fanchuan, this should be a fair match, even with a fully staffed Fan.

Sloops will be allowed a full crew as well, but it is up to the individual driver to staff their own ship.

Prizes will most likely be PoE, which is easily spread amongst everyone on the ship. Otherwise I agree with Dagger, and was thinking a portrait of the winners could be paid for and hung in the Gaea Palace until the next event happens. Maybe make this an annual event.

-Patricipants may enter as much as they'd like:

Marmy:
I'd like to limit this. They could bring in several ships, come in close and blast, then leave us with damage when sunk and bring in another ship. I'd like participants to register and limit one ship per participant. The referee could /w, to make sure registered participant is driving. That would still allow a crew to bring in another ship, just has to have a different driver.

We can have drivers register with us the day before or even an hour before the event, and have each navver join the Loose Cannons, so the crew channel can be used for updates and announcements. This should give people enough time to find their own jobbers and load their own ships. Should this be free to register or cost some poe amount? 1k per team?

Dagger:
what about jobbing at least the navvers of all participating ships to the war crew - that way you can control who goes in and when to start shooting. also maybe having a first prize, but getting all names who participated and divvying the prizes as a draw by names (that way all have a equal chance to win and we dont have to make 7 copies of each prize for winning ships!) Another idea (not sure what the prizes are exactly) but maybe making the first prize a portrait with the queen? or something like that? another thing could be to limit ships to load only a max of 3 people (even two) and bots...(I was in a similar event earlier this year and we were limited to two per sloop - was called bumper sloops in a flot ~.^)

Loose Cannons will host the event and use their own crew channel for communicating. I'd like to avoid using Dark River, so people cannot see our battle ready ships on the ocean. I like the idea of a portrait for a prize, perhaps we could pay for the portrait of the winners and post it in the Gaea Palace until the New Year, or at some deadline. Poe is also a good way to evenly divide as a prize. I would like the competitors to fill their sloops with as many players as they can to promote participation, as well as making it an even match between the Fanchuan and the Sloops.

Some other things... As people may not feel a Fan vs. Sloops is fair.
-Fanchuans take 13-14 small cbs to sink. Given there is a possibility for sloops to surround the fan and blast 4 shots each in to the fanchuan, the fan would sink after that turn.
-Sloops take 5 large cbs to sink.
-Overall I think it is a fair match-up, and will certainly teach some creative driving on our part.

Should the Fanchuan be sunk off the bat, and the event ends, we can use this time to practice our own flag blockade pvp.

Prizes (We discussed some of this in the above, but better to get it figured out now):
A 7 pirate portrait costs 105,00 PoE to commission.

Suggested PoE amount prizes: We can award this to the driver or split it to each pirate from the winning ship ourselves.
Winner: 50k (About 7k per pirate on a 7 pirate sloop)
Honorable Mention: 30k (4k per pirate on a 7 pirate sloop)
Fan Favorite (Because people like to pick themselves :D): 20k (2.8k per pirate on a 7 pirate sloop)

Marmy also suggested using cb's as prizes, which will promote shot sales on Gaea, either through our own purchases, or purchases made by people participating in the blockade.

Hopefully I am making sense, kind of late... If not, as again, and we can rediscuss it.

/me toddles off to his blanket and turtle pillow pet.

AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I suggest using either the Night Owls or the Scarlet Corsairs for this event - both Mad Mutineers and Loose Cannons have hosted events in their crew relatively recently, so promoting our other crews is a good idea.

I don't like the idea of having people pay to enter a team. Even 1K per team is still, ehhh.

If the sloops have full crews, you're going to be fighting against people who can get maneuvers every other turn and 3.5 moves per turn. It will be difficult to keep up with these boats. I suggest limiting the crews on these sloops to maybe a max of 4. The Fan will be much more difficult to repair and move than a sloop, even though its firepower is stronger.

Have some sort of actual prize to go with the poe also, like Rogue Marks or maps or a ship. Like they could win the Queen's Fanchuan or something. Renamed ship called the Queenly Marmite? Something along those lines?

Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 pm

i agree, no entry fee - we will discourage participation.
I'd be more than willing to offer my crew as a jobbing crew
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

As it happens, I just bought a sloop named the Gracious Queenfish, I could offer it. I really have too many ships, but for 13K I couldn't resist.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm

personally id keep that one marmy and offer a different one razz
(but thats just me ^_^) offering 7 sloops for winning place (or w/e were limiting ship size to) will be cheaper than a portrait...just a thought too
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Gelflord wrote:I suggest using either the Night Owls or the Scarlet Corsairs for this event - both Mad Mutineers and Loose Cannons have hosted events in their crew relatively recently, so promoting our other crews is a good idea.

I don't like the idea of having people pay to enter a team. Even 1K per team is still, ehhh.

If the sloops have full crews, you're going to be fighting against people who can get maneuvers every other turn and 3.5 moves per turn. It will be difficult to keep up with these boats. I suggest limiting the crews on these sloops to maybe a max of 4. The Fan will be much more difficult to repair and move than a sloop, even though its firepower is stronger.

Have some sort of actual prize to go with the poe also, like Rogue Marks or maps or a ship. Like they could win the Queen's Fanchuan or something. Renamed ship called the Queenly Marmite? Something along those lines?

Ok, we can drop to crews of 4 or less to even the odds.

No entry fee will be used, but we will need a registration deadline, event start perhaps?

Also, I like the idea of giving the fanchuan away. Maybe a sloop to the Honorable Mention? This can help to lower any poe prizes. I have a sloop I can donate. Maybe award stock as well? Actual poe prizes were mentioned in the replies to our intent post.

Would anyone be interested in donating rogue marks?

Also, instead of honorable mention, maybe award a point to the sloops that sink another sloop? Whoever sinks the most sloops wins a bonus?

We can use Scarlet Corsairs as the hosting crew channel, and Marmy and her minions can use LC as needed, as well as mumble/skype.

I'll host with my SC alt. ( ;) I get around it seems.)

On Thursday night, I'll rope together an event post, we can look it over and finalize anything, and then get it posted. This also gives more time to advertise.

AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagger on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Ok here it is, (had to make it more of a sunset so i added stars) changed your colors a bit marmy. Didnt add the peg or hook (dont have time unfortunately sad )

Hope it's ok yea
Won't get any more time for editing it i fear, so If youd rather make another one Ak feel free yea (or use mine and edit as you please)
Dagger
Lubber
Lubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:57 pm

I am liking where all this is going! It will be a fun event!

I am also inclined to be one of the sinking sloops out there too, he he heh! naughty

Sloops shooting at each other will be something we can do as spoilers, so an award for that kind of action (not as big as the main goal of sinking the Fan) will encourage it and help the Fanchuan live longer.
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm lovin' it. Should be fun.
boatload

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 am

!~!~!God, Sink the Queen!~!~!

Touring the new home of Flag Otherworld, Queen Marmy proclaims a holiday for the denizens of Gaea Island. Greeting the citizens at the docks, she steps up on to the deck of the Royal Fanchuan, and turns to wave at the crowd.

With the sun shining, cheers ring out through the gathered people, each raising mugs of rum in toast to the monarch.

Resting herself upon the deck, winds dance through the sails, and take the ship out to the harbor, the perfect day for a Royal sail.

But...

On the horizon, several other sails dance in the winds as well. Sloops span the blue line of sky meeting sea, flying the flags of Pirates...

Have they come to celebrate with Otherworld...? Or are they here to sink the Queen...?

Sensing the tension of her crew at the sight of the incoming ships, Marmy yells, 'Load the guns! It seems we find our pleasure at swordpoint, Mates, so lets give them a celebration they will never forget!' Cheers break the silence upon the deck of the Royal Fanchuan, as the flag of Otherworld is raised to dance in the wind.

EVENT INFO:
Gaea Island Event Blockade
June 30th
Noon Pirate Time

To register yourself, please post to this thread or contact AKGemini in game.

Teams are to consist of 4 player pirates or less. /vwho will be used through out the event to verify rules are being followed. Referee will be either AKGemini or Eightball. All registered navigators will be jobbed in to the crew Scarlet Corsairs. The navigator is responsible for staffing their own ship. Leaders for the Rogue Rewards prize will be posted at each break.

Grand Prize:
To win this event, you must be the sloop that sinks the Royal Fanchuan bearing Queen Marmy and her minions. It is possible to win by firing one shot, but those dealing steady damage will have more of a chance to be the winner. A prize will be awarded to the captain of the winning crew.

Rogue Rewards:
Also, should you sink any sloops belonging to the other competitors, a point will be awarded for each sloop sunk by your shot. The sloop who obtains the most points will be declared the Rogue Winner.

RULES:
- Navigators must register before the event.
-Teams may consist of 4 players or less, one team per sloop.
-One entry per Navigator, should you sink, you are no longer in the competition.
-Anyone entering a ship other than a sloop will be disqualified from the competition or not allowed to participate.
-Prizes are to be split by the Navigator of the winning ship, unless otherwise specified.
-Should the Fanchuan be sunk early in competition, the Rogue Rewards competition will continue until the end of the event.

Prizes:
Grand Prize:
The Royal Fanchuan, stocked with 50 fine rum, and 300 large cannon balls.
20,000 poe to be split amongst the crew

Rogue Rewards Prize:
LE Sloop stocked with 20 fine rum, 150 small cannon balls.
4 Rogue Points.

This event is brought to you by Flag Otherworld, and hosted by the crew Scarlet Corsairs.

Art is by Dagger, Captain of the Scarlet Corsairs.
Event concept by AKGemini.

Did I forget anything?
Let me know.

AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterspout on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Looks good to me AK!

I am only worried about spoilers, there really is no mechanism preventing someone from bringing in a Fanchuan of their own, fully crewed, and attacking our Fanchuan. We can 'disqualify' them all we want, but they could still sink Marmy or other sloops, and spoil the fun for everyone.

Could it be possible to set up the event for Sloops only, but then get an OM to allow Marmy and the Fanchuan only to enter? I thought I heard the possibility OMs would be used to police some other events, and I have know idea of its validity though.

Another thing we could do is have another Fan ready to go to as a police ship, it would enter to intercept a violating ship (another non-sloop or a navigator bringing in a second sloop after sinking). But this would mean a ship full of crew not doing anything if nothing happens.
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm

That is always a possibility in every event.

We can do our best and then hope others make note of it, and remember it in the future.

A complaint can be made, and further direction can come afterwards.

All eyes will be on us and how we respond, so we can only make the best of it.

AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm

We could also have back up Fans, in case I'm sunk by non participants. Bring in another ship, or 2, one for me and one for guards.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelflord on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 pm

If we wanted to be really adventurous and hilarious, we could have a wall of ships on both entry sides in a diagonal criss-cross. When a participant enters, the ships would have to move out of the way, maybe three wide, so that they could get onto the board. The Marmafan wouldn't be near the entries, hopefully, so that there wouldn't be thought that Marmy was cheating.

Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:59 pm

I just got a heads up from a hearty that a Blockade is being scheduled the same time as our Gaea event.
This could impact participation in the event, and/or hurt the real blockade. What about moving the event to the Friday night before? or 10 or 11 am on Saturday?

Last edited by Marmy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next