Otherworld-Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Responsibility

4 posters

Go down

Responsibility Empty Responsibility

Post by Gelflord Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:58 am

Ahoy my flagmates and hearties, pirates old and new, and to whoever is reading this topic right now!

This post is all about who does what in our flag and what their responsibility is to you and to themselves.

Let's start down near the bottom and work our way up, shall we?

Cabin Person:

Your job is to have fun!
Learn the game, maybe even subscribe! Lots of cool things happen when you subscribe, but you can still have tons of fun without subbing. I myself remained unsubbed for about 4 years! Just be wary, if you don't log in for 6 weeks straight, you pirate will be deleted if you've never subscribed. And they can't get it back for you. Trust me, I've tried sad

Pirate:

Your job is also to have fun!

Keep learning, try new things, build on what you know and work on what you don't. Become what you want to be.

Officer:

Your job is to have fun while learning how to make stuff fun for others!
Learn to run a ship, maybe try running one yourself! It may not be for everyone, but it's definitely a good skill to know how to manage people. Keep building on your strengths and start to really work on removing those weaknesses. Try new things, learn new skills, learn how large the world is around you!

Fleet Officer:

Your job is to have fun while not stealing people's stuff!
You have a big clump of responsibility thrown onto your shoulders now! You've proven your trustworthiness, and can do pretty much whatever you want! But don't forget that you represent your crew and your flag, and that actions have consequences, no matter how small the action may seem. Keep learning, keep building, make yourself well liked on the ocean! Make people want YOU on their ship, just because you're great.

Senior Officer:
Your job is to have fun while teaching your Fleet Officers!
You're personally trusted by your crew. Learn how your crew runs inside and out so that you can help it along as best you can. You are an ambassador to the crew, and if you do very well for yourself and the flag, you can become a Titled Member of the flag (more on that later).

Captain:

Your job is to have fun while your crew has fun too!
You are in charge of your crew. You are responsible for your crew's actions. You are responsible for keeping the other crews in the flag informed if there is an issue within the crew that may affect them. It is your job to make sure that people in your crew are having a good time and are representing your crew and the whole flag in a positive aspect.

Titled Member (Lord or Lady):

Your job is to have fun while gloating to others how great you are!

Nah, don't gloat. But seriously, you're awesome! Senior Officers who have contributed great things to the flag ('great' is a judgement call by the Royals of the time) may earn the privilege to become a Titled Member. These special Members of the flag represent the flag in what they do and how they act. They are ambassadors to the world outside of the Flag Hall. Most of these Members also have extra responsibilities inside of their crew or in the flag.

Royal:

Your job is to make sure everyone gets their fair say! And have fun while doing it!

There is one royal representing each crew, plus one Monarch (more on that later). These Royal members represent your crew in the flag, and are responsible for keeping your captain and crew informed of flag issues that may concern them (such as events, alliances, etc). They represent the flag to the world, even more so than the Titled Members. They also have other responsibilities in their crews or in the flag.

Monarch:

My job is to make sure EVERYONE at ANYTIME EVER is having fun. Myself included!

It is my job to make sure that our flag is going where everyone in the flag wants it. It is my responsibility to ensure that everyone in the flag gets a voice and can be heard. It is my responsibility to validate the flag's worth in other flags' views, to make sure that we are credible in what we do and how we act. I personally represent you, a member of the flag, at all times. As such, it is my job to make sure that you are OK with how I am representing you.

Something you may notice all of these things have in common...they all have fun! It's part of your job description! If you're ever NOT having fun, rethink what you're doing and figure out what you can do to make sure you DO have fun! It's your job!
Gelflord
Gelflord
Lord And Master
Lord And Master

Back to top Go down

Responsibility Empty Re: Responsibility

Post by Waterspout Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 am

Nice Gelf!
Waterspout
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackjammer Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks gelf for posting that yea

I would also like to add that these are just general guidelines, and not all crews follow the above positioning of those titles, Some crews have more or less responsabilities than those posted above for the different ranks between Cabin Person to Captain
Blackjammer
Blackjammer
Cavalier
Cavalier

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howee Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 am

Thankee fer postin' this. Tis a good guideline, an' well said. Just one question.....are we to have fun? (an' what's this blather about not gloatin'? ALL pirates gloat about how wonderous they be....) *pish*

Yer loyal nephlet, Sir Howee o'Pea
Howee
Howee
Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum