Friday Night Pillaging Schedule

Go down

Friday Night Pillaging Schedule

Post by AKGemini on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:51 am

Ahoy, Mates!

Since I got back from moving, I have been trying to help by getting events together for our normal nights. We have a Flag Friday coming up in a couple days, and I wanted to see if anyone was interested in hosting? We ran a dual pillage last Friday, but I know some mates are wanting to get in on Flotillas and the like.

This would be a good way to prep fer a flotilla, Atlantis, HS, what-not, so I hope to use this forum to broadcast upcoming Flag Pillages, and keep it updated.

boatload + really naughty =

Upcoming Dates:
August 26th - Waterspout Vs. Finius! A gloves off throwdown!!!
September 2nd
September 9th

If you want to do something let me know, and we can work to get it set up.

Any unfilled dates, I can try to run a regular pillage.

See you on the waters!

AKG
Self-Proclaimed Event Planner of Otherworld Until Someone Objects

cool

Last edited by AKGemini on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Re: Friday Night Pillaging Schedule

Post by Waterspout on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I'd be happy to load a flotilla attack on Friday August 26th against Finius. Would love to see lots of fellow flag-mates out there!
Waterspout
Bucanneer
Bucanneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackjammer on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Although nothing was posted that i know of.....

The rule of thumb the flag has been doing it for the last year and half now is it has been alternated between the crews to run it, Loose Cannons one week Mad Mutineers the next week, then the Night Owls, (when they cant LC or Mm normally does it). It normally starts at 7pm Pirate time on Fridays although this time start can vary a little depending whats going on etc etc. Most times its a pillage with the odd time an event happens as well.

Other things..
Silverstache has a calander (i forgot the address) where flag events can be published as well

I only see a couple problems about picking a specific date for running an event is alot of time there is other events also being loaded and trying to claim it as this is the day we do it with other flags your just gonna get told where to go. So if we pcik a date to do an event ie Flotilla, SMH, etc etc you have to be prepared to CROSSLOAD anyone else who is also loading to make it happen. If you dont you will find people will nto show up because they know others are loading as well and if were scrubbing cause others are loading then there not gonna make time cause they already know whats going to happen and wont bother showing.

Next problem and to me is a big issue when we go do events like Flots SMh etc etc on fridays, we exclude all the cabin people and unsubbers we have in the flag from taking part on flag fridays. They are just as part of the flag as any Royal, Captain, Senior Officer, Fleet Officer, Officer, and Pirate. They are also the foundation in which crews grow from, by showing them a good time and hoping they subscribe and become a contributing member of that crew they joined and our Flag.
Blackjammer
Cavalier
Cavalier

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Back to top Go down

Post by AKGemini on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 am

I am not trying to change who runs the events, or the alternating schedule of which crew runs the Friday night pillage, but just want to be able to better advertise when it is going on and what is going on so we can get more interest from people outside the flag.

I may be alone in this, but I know I have logged in on Friday, and no one was on or knew what we were going to do.

By figuring some events out, and having a time which provides both flag support and numbers on the ocean, these events can be advertised before hand to help load for the pillage, it doesn't just have to be Atlantis, flotillas, and the like, but could easily be regular pillages. It could help to load bigger ships for pillages.

If I had a heads up on Monday I could announce it to non-flaggies during my LC pillage, or whoever else is doing a run could.

This ties into to crossloading or competing for jobbers with others, because people will have a heads up and may even delay their own plans to participate in ours, or players will come on friday because they heard earlier and want to participate. It's all PR. Like I said above, it doesn't have to be an expedition, HS, or CI, but it could help to load a war brig, in which the greenies/non-subbers could participate.

If I am stepping on any toes I apologize.

AKG

Last edited by AKGemini on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and addition, posted from my phone earlier.)
AKGemini
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackjammer on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 am

Your not stepping on my toes or anyoen elses Ak, yea, i was just pointing out a couple things about flag fridays when it comes to events and stuff if were gonna do that on those days
Blackjammer
Cavalier
Cavalier

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm

AKG, thanks for working on this.

Here is the link to Silver's calendar.
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=s5v1pelbco2qiru7tsn0rih0gg@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&gsessionid=OK

As you can see, it is sparse. The title is Mad Mutineers. I see a value in having a flag calendar. If Silver would like to make this a flag event calendar, great. If not, starting another would be a good idea. Having a place holder on the calendar that tells which crew's turn it is to host would be good. As more specific plans form, the calendar could reflect this. We should probably post address of forum and calendar in flag news occasionally, so people don't forget about them. Three days before an event is a good time to post it to flag news, with forum link or forum path, for details.

Friday has traditionally been pillages, and I see a value in branching out. Flotillas are a great Friday Night event, as cabin people can be included. BJ is correct that SMH's (Cursed Isles, Haunted Seas, Atlantis) should probably be avoided, as Fridays are a great recruiting time, and we can't hire greenies on SMHs. Other flag events such as races and open-door parties, could also work on Fridays.

Monarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down